Default Alligator Attack

Just found out this evening that someone was attacked and killed by an alligator on Kiawah Island just outside of Charleston yesterday. My wife's cousin and his wife live on Kiawah, and there was a lady at their house. The lady wanted to walk through their backyard down to the marsh, and while they warned her it could be dangerous, she went anyway.

They were watching from the house as she walked along the edge, and then a large alligator leapt out of the water and grabbed her by the leg. My wife's cousin is about 75, but he ran down there and tried to save her. They watched in horror as it dragged her into the marsh. Animal control did find it and kill it.

As you can imagine, they are pretty broken up about it. They had been talking about moving back to Charlotte. This may be the thing that makes that happen.

On Sat, 2 May 2020 18:06:57 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

Just found out this evening that someone was attacked and killed by an alligator on Kiawah Island just outside of Charleston yesterday. My wife's cousin and his wife live on Kiawah, and there was a lady at their house. The lady wanted to walk through their backyard down to the marsh, and while they warned her it could be dangerous, she went anyway.

They were watching from the house as she walked along the edge, and then a large alligator leapt out of the water and grabbed her by the leg. My wife's cousin is about 75, but he ran down there and tried to save her. They watched in horror as it dragged her into the marsh. Animal control did find it and kill it.

As you can imagine, they are pretty broken up about it. They had been talking about moving back to Charlotte. This may be the thing that makes that happen.

===

That's really tragic. We sometimes anchor not too far from there near
Wadmalaw Island when we're on one of our north-south adventures. Nice
country.

https://www.avg.com

[...]

Wow, that's a blow. Sorry to hear it.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

It is nice there. When we've done the Cooper River run From Monck's Corner down to Charleston, we'd always take a day to go through the Wappoo Cut to the Stono River, and then out to the end of Kiawah. There's a place there where there'd usually be 8-10 boats anchored around the beach, but you were protected. The breakers were a few hundred yards out. The boat we were in was not made for the ocean. Even Chas harbor could be "fun" sometimes.

On Topic: Air boat captain loses hand to alligator Wayne B General 2 June 13th 12 03:14 AM
Alligator Gar Eisboch[_4_] General 23 May 29th 09 02:08 PM
there, go attack a cap Funny Obese Twink ASA 0 April 22nd 05 11:28 AM
Mac Attack Bobsprit ASA 11 June 16th 04 08:24 AM