Default Something to consider ....

On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 08:55:33 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 4/18/20 7:51 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

The combined population of:

Italy
Spain
France
United Kingdom
Germany

is 320 million.

Combined deaths of above nations due to covid-19
as of April 18th:

80,384

Population of of USA is 328 million.

Total deaths due to covid-19 as of April 18th:

32,692

This suggests the US health care system,
the Trump administration/Task Force and
the general public are doing a very good
job so far.

Too funny. You ever take a stats course that included sections on
statistical validity? Apparently not. And your conclusion is sadly
hilarious.

What part was wrong? Simply saying "no it isn't" is not a valid
argument.
Are you really saying the US is "wildly different" than Europe? If so
why do you and your lefty buddies keep referencing Europe when you say
what we should be doing (about damn near anything)?

On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 09:14:29 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 4/18/20 9:05 AM, Tim wrote:

You claim the stats are false so prove it different

Keyser Soze
On 4/18/20 7:51 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

The combined population of:

Italy
Spain
France
United Kingdom
Germany

is 320 million.

Combined deaths of above nations due to covid-19
as of April 18th:

80,384

Population of of USA is 328 million.

Total deaths due to covid-19 as of April 18th:

32,692

This suggests the US health care system,
the Trump administration/Task Force and
the general public are doing a very good
job so far.

Too funny. You ever take a stats course that included sections on
statistical validity? Apparently not. And your conclusion is sadly
hilarious.

No, tim, I am not doubting the reported numbers. I am questioning the
statistical validity of combining them and making a comparison to our
total to date. It's just another data point in my premise that spending
time to put up a well-thought-out post here is a waste of that time.

What would be wrong about that analysis? Simply saying "no it isn't"
makes you sound like a 5 year old.
I seem to remember you were using the Italian experience to predict
the US slope of infection and death not more than a week or two ago.
Well not you, the person you were quoting and passing off as an
original thought.

wrote:

On 4/18/20 9:05 AM, Tim wrote:

[...]

===

You've certainly wasted plenty of time putting up posts that were not
well thought out. Frankly your knee jerk reactions have become a bit
redundant and repetitious and redundant and repetitious...

Perhaps a well thought out post once in a while would help get you out
of the rut.

Going back to Luddite's original post, it would be hard to argue that
320 million is not a valid sample size. You might argue that the
comparisons are flawed for some other reason but you made no attempt
at that, just your usual random stone throwing at anything you
dislike. It's also important to remember that statistics can not
prove causality. only that the numbers are what they are.

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

On 4/18/20 9:05 AM, Tim wrote:

[...]

When cornered, Harry hides behind some mysterious and academic
"statistical" analysis that he can't explain.

A statistical analysis is only as good
as the data it uses ... as we have seen as the Task Force docs
continuously refine theirs.

I had a good friend and business partner. He was German and was
far more educated than Harry, you and I combined holding two
PhD degrees. He was obsessed with statistics (being a mathematical
genius) and applied them in depth to the science he and I were
involved in but also to other personal interests.

He was about my age at the time (early-mid 50's) and started lecturing
me about exercise, diet and the statistical indicators he had
studied regarding developing health problems as he and I grew older. He
was really into it and started eating right and jogging 5-6 miles a day
.... sometimes more.

He died in his sleep one night at the age of 55 from a massive
heart attack.

https://www.avg.com

On 4/18/2020 9:26 AM, John wrote:
On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 08:35:01 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 4/18/2020 8:20 AM, John wrote:
On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 07:51:20 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

The combined population of:

Italy
Spain
France
United Kingdom
Germany

is 320 million.

Combined deaths of above nations due to covid-19
as of April 18th:

80,384

Population of of USA is 328 million.

Total deaths due to covid-19 as of April 18th:

32,692

This suggests the US health care system,
the Trump administration/Task Force and
the general public are doing a very good
job so far.

That math is way above Krause's head. Makes a good point though.

Obviously it's over the head of many liberal Democrats including
Joe Biden as he recites this prepared statement on CNN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppAWIX7OJJI

Do the Democrats *seriously* think he's mentally qualified
to be the POTUS?

"BIDEN: "Um, you know, there's a uh, during World War... Two, uh, you know,
where Roosevelt came up with a thing that uh, you know, was totally different
than a, than the, the, it's called, he's called it a, you know, the World War
Two, he had the World, the War Production Board."

Holy ****!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Goodness gracious John, Biden's brain is turning to mush at about the
same rate as Fat Harry's. Do you think there is any correlation?

--
Pity Fat Harry. His ability to produce rational thought on his own, no
longer exists, if it ever did at all.

On 4/18/2020 9:39 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 4/18/20 9:18 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Tim, Harry is just trying to cloud the issue (as usual) by attempting to
introduce academia based considerations to support his and his
party's claims.

That's *really* funny. Statistics is a mathematical body of science, and
therefore is subject to academia-based considerations. To ignore them is
to produce bull****. As you did.

Academia has been known to produce bull**** statistics as you well know.
garbage in garbage out. Why didn't you choose a career in academia? That
would have been the logical choice for someone with a superior command
of the English language.

On 4/18/2020 10:55 AM, Justan Ohlphart wrote:

On 4/18/2020 9:39 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 4/18/20 9:18 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Tim, Harry is just trying to cloud the issue (as usual) by attempting to
introduce academia based considerations to support his and his
party's claims.

That's *really* funny. Statistics is a mathematical body of science,
and therefore is subject to academia-based considerations. To ignore
them is to produce bull****. As you did.

Academia has been known to produce bull**** statistics as you well know.
garbage in garbage out. Why didn't you choose a career in academia? That
would have been the logical choice for someone with a superior command
of the English language.

Statistically, the odds of you getting sick while on a cruise
are one in 14,000.

Armed with that mathematical statistic, Harry should go
take a long cruise somewhere.

https://www.avg.com

Tim Tim is offline

Well taken into consideration, Richard...

Mr. Luddite
Tim, Harry is just trying to cloud the issue (as usual) by attempting to
introduce academia based considerations to support his and his
party's claims.

What he doesn't realize is that it doesn't matter. The numbers
speak for themselves for the majority of the voting public, including
Democrats. Statistics and how they are interpreted can be debated
forever in an attempt to change their meanings.

To most Americans they simply mean that they, Trump and especially
the health care people are doing a very good job.