Default China

Looking at the map of mainland China and the region
that was the epicenter of covid-19, it raises a question.

If you look at the surrounding provinces, and the reported
confirmed cases in them, they vary but are not anywhere
close to the number in the Hubei province with 67,801
confirmed cases.

Many of the surrounding provinces butt directly up to
the Hubei area but have far fewer confirmed cases.

For example, the Hunan region that is directly south
of the Hubei region only has 1,018 confirmed cases.
Other nearby regions are similar.

So, the question:

What did the Chinese government do to prevent the
spread out of the Hubei region?

Unlike in the USA, I suspect a form of Marshall Law
may have been imposed with the region surrounded by
the military who basically sealed off the area
preventing travel to or from the epicenter.

In the USA we could never get away with this
but perhaps it was the only way to control the
spread.

It is evident what the situation in China is by looking
at the link that John originally provided:

http://ncov.bii.virginia.edu/dashboard/?fbclid=IwAR0p3SzdCXvoeCqWLpW9e3NJsSPahWEThqxOlw99 hX8cshDW6GbdBdCH-jk

https://www.avg.com

On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 09:34:03 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

[...]

Yeah, marshall law...almost:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-wes...ns-11585074966

I don't subscribe, but the word 'draconian' indicates the measures China took.
We should have done something similar with NYC and a few other places.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

Florida has a few roadblocks up, trying to screen out folks with the
virus. Right now I think they are concentrating on the I-10 corridor
from NOLA but it would be real easy to go around taking 65 through
Alabama and pop over on a 2 lane blacktop north of Pensacola. The same
is true coming down from the North. There are a hundred little 2 lane
blacktops crossing the Georgia border close enough to 95 to be doable,
particularly if you are headed for the West Coast. I used A1A when I
was coming down but there are lots of other options. This is just not
a country that is easy to lock down. We have cars and lots of roads.
The Chinese have bicycles or flip flops.

wrote:

[...]

You haven't been to China lately obviously. Here's a recent picture
of an area in the province of Hubei (the epicenter of the virus).
The pic was taken in the last couple of weeks after the Chinese
imposed a lockdown. Looks more like NYC.

https://funkyimg.com/i/33tKN.jpg

https://www.avg.com