Default Socialized medicine

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 22:39:03 -0400, Justan Ohlphart wrote:

On 3/25/2020 5:56 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 3/25/20 5:49 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/25/2020 5:25 PM, John wrote:
On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 17:12:25 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 3/25/2020 4:55 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 16:25:11 -0400, John wrote:

Is that the way to go?

"https://apnews.com/7ec91dc45d8d7c2ea86b0a97446a303a

‘We are collapsing’: Virus pummels medics in Spain and Italy

"Spain’s universal health care system is a source of national
pride and often
hailed as a reason for its citizens’ legendary longevity, but the
outbreak is
exposing its shortcomings, some of which are the result of years
of budget
cuts."

--

===

It's a very real risk, especially in areas with high population
density or thin medical resources.* We have good friends and neighbors
with a son who is an MD in Vermont, not exactly a high population
state.* Nevertheless he was diagnosed positive today and will have to
quarentine of course.* He has a wife and children who are also at
risk.

Hope they make out ok.

Been noticing that many of the states that have had very few
confirmed cases are now starting to uptick a bit.

It seems to be impossible to expect that social distance type
rules are going to prevent this from spreading everywhere.
We may need to get used to the fact that the majority of people
across the nation are eventually going to become infected.

On March 4th Massachusetts had 2 confirmed cases.
It now has 1159.

You probably won't, but try going here and clicking on the different
dates in
the scale above the map. You'll see how the US is changing with
regard to cases
in each state.

http://ncov.bii.virginia.edu/dashboa...hDW6GbdBdCH-jk

Why wouldn't I?** That's where I just got the data for Massachusetts.
I've been visiting that website regularly since you first suggested it.

I've gotten a perverse kick out of what
happened in Florida and what is about to happen in Tennessee.

You are one sick puppy Fat Harry.

It doesn't take much for Harry to show his true colors. He talks a big
compassion game, but sure as hell doesn't possess any.

You're right. A sick puppy.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 23:53:11 -0400, wrote:

On 3/25/2020 5:25 PM, John wrote:
On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 17:12:25 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 3/25/2020 4:55 PM,
wrote:
[...]

All I have seen is some limited ability to
track some percentage of those who have tested positive, and that is a
small percentage, and some larger percentage of those who have died. And
lots of wild-assed guesses. Trying to draw conclusions from such limited
data is a waste of time. I've gotten a perverse kick out of what
happened in Florida and what is about to happen in Tennessee.

In Florida we might as well call this the I-95 virus because it seems
to be going up and down I-95. It really looks more like planes than
cars but there is a straight line between most of our cases and New
York. The Broward stampede got us here on this coast. Prior to that
all of the cases could be traced to Europe although the first one was
Israel and Egypt but she may have flown through an airport in Europe.
.

There can be no doubt that New Yorkers are spreading the virus, and Florida is a
favorite destination.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On 3/25/2020 5:25 PM, John wrote:
On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 17:12:25 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 3/25/2020 4:55 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 16:25:11 -0400, John wrote:

Is that the way to go?

"https://apnews.com/7ec91dc45d8d7c2ea86b0a97446a303a

‘We are collapsing’: Virus pummels medics in Spain and Italy

"Spain’s universal health care system is a source of national pride
and often
hailed as a reason for its citizens’ legendary longevity, but the
outbreak is
exposing its shortcomings, some of which are the result of years of
budget
cuts."

--

===

It's a very real risk, especially in areas with high population
density or thin medical resources.Â* We have good friends and neighbors
with a son who is an MD in Vermont, not exactly a high population
state.Â* Nevertheless he was diagnosed positive today and will have to
quarentine of course.Â* He has a wife and children who are also at
risk.

Hope they make out ok.

Been noticing that many of the states that have had very few
confirmed cases are now starting to uptick a bit.

It seems to be impossible to expect that social distance type
rules are going to prevent this from spreading everywhere.
We may need to get used to the fact that the majority of people
across the nation are eventually going to become infected.

On March 4th Massachusetts had 2 confirmed cases.
It now has 1159.

You probably won't, but try going here and clicking on the different
dates in
the scale above the map. You'll see how the US is changing with regard
to cases
in each state.

http://ncov.bii.virginia.edu/dashboa...hDW6GbdBdCH-jk

Why wouldn't I?Â*Â* That's where I just got the data for Massachusetts.
[...]

They are landing three cruise ships here full of infected people with
"scout's honor" they won't hop on a plane and fly home. Get ready
world, here they come.

On 3/25/2020 5:25 PM, John wrote:
On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 17:12:25 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 3/25/2020 4:55 PM,
wrote:
[...]

The ins here in quarantine from the ship even refused to be tested after
the 15 days as the government said they would be able to leave if no
symptoms in 14 days. Hope their families survive.