Default washing problem.

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 16:57:52 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 02:02:35 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 22:16:18 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Get up this morning for a nice shower. Wash off virus that landed in the
night. Shower is luke warm. Garage has a small lake, to small for
boating. Go to Home Depot to get a new water heater. Frigging
expensive. At least I got a discount Harry missed. My 10% military vet.
Saved $95. What ever happened to reasonable water heaters? They still
last about the same amount of years. Last one was 14 years ago.

You gotta drain 'em and change the sacrificial anode. Or they rot.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

They still won?t last more than 15 years.

We've been here since 1995, using the same water heater with no problems. Change
the anode and clean out the bottom. Easy.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Northeast has good water. We are 1/2 well water and half river water.

If they're not maintained they will fail sooner, regardless of the water.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 16:57:53 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

wrote:

Get up this morning for a nice shower. Wash off virus that landed in the
night. Shower is luke warm. Garage has a small lake, to small for
boating. Go to Home Depot to get a new water heater. Frigging
expensive. At least I got a discount Harry missed. My 10% military vet.
Saved $95. What ever happened to reasonable water heaters? They still
last about the same amount of years. Last one was 14 years ago.

You gotta drain 'em and change the sacrificial anode. Or they rot.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

They still won?t last more than 15 years.

It mostly depends on the quality of your water. Up around DC, water
heaters seemed to last forever, whether you drained them or not.
I found out real fast that is not true with well water in Florida.

My neighbor's crapped out a couple months ago. There was so much sediment in the
bottom it wouldn't drain. Had to be unplugged first. The anode was gone.
Draining isn't the only maintenance. Anode is important.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Our gas water heaters don’t seem to eat anodes.

Mine's gas. Ate the **** out of the anode. When I replaced it, a three foot, 3/4
inch anode had dwindled to about a 10" by 1/4" anode.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 16:57:51 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

Get up this morning for a nice shower. Wash off virus that landed in the
night. Shower is luke warm. Garage has a small lake, to small for
boating. Go to Home Depot to get a new water heater. Frigging
expensive. At least I got a discount Harry missed. My 10% military vet.
Saved $95. What ever happened to reasonable water heaters? They still
last about the same amount of years. Last one was 14 years ago.

14 years is dinosaur age for a water heater around here. I am probably
going to be doing mine soon and I did my FILs last week. Where did
yours fail, the bottom or the top?

I think the bottom, but have not examined where the leak was.

A lot of time it is right where the water connects at the top that
rusts out. Using dielectric couplings mitigates that quite a bit.

wrote:

Get up this morning for a nice shower. Wash off virus that landed in the
night. Shower is luke warm. Garage has a small lake, to small for
boating. Go to Home Depot to get a new water heater. Frigging
expensive. At least I got a discount Harry missed. My 10% military vet.
Saved $95. What ever happened to reasonable water heaters? They still
last about the same amount of years. Last one was 14 years ago.

14 years is dinosaur age for a water heater around here. I am probably
going to be doing mine soon and I did my FILs last week. Where did
yours fail, the bottom or the top?

I think the bottom, but have not examined where the leak was.

A lot of time it is right where the water connects at the top that
rusts out. Using dielectric couplings mitigates that quite a bit.

I have dielectric couplings.

washing fruits and vegetables Hanz Cruising 19 December 4th 09 08:52 PM
Need a new washing machine... John H[_2_] General 11 February 11th 09 01:20 PM
Washing machine Joe ASA 3 October 22nd 07 08:44 PM
Cloth washing Haakon Dybdahl Cruising 14 December 13th 03 03:36 PM
washing mashine "wonderwash" Rick Morel Cruising 0 July 23rd 03 01:18 PM