Default Bad news

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 07:55:02 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 3/19/2020 7:27 AM, Adorable Deplorable wrote:
On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 21:41:37 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 19:56:15 -0400, Adorable Deplorable
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 16:59:27 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 3/18/2020 4:37 PM, Adorable Deplorable wrote:

Just found out my daughter's husband just got his hours cut to zero and will
have no income. Six kids. ****.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

This fiasco is hitting people fast. Hopefully the stimulus package
that includes checks to people, some loan payment moratoriums,
infusion of money to the SBA and bootstrapping state unemployment
benefits will help people out for a while.

I have a nephew who manages a construction company. He was told
to lay everyone off because the covid-19 thing is affecting
the construction business big time.

If you hear anything about how one gets help from the stimulus package, let me
know. Right now they're in a state of shock. This came with no notice
whatsoever.

Don't get too excited. They are only talking about a check for
$1000-5000. That won't run most families for more than a week or two.
Then what?

Maybe it just helps get over the shock.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Buys food for a family for a while. Last I heard Congress was thinking
of two checks ... one early April and another in May. Haven't heard how
it all shook out though.

Apparently some of the mortgage lenders are going to allow a delay or temporary
reduction in mortgage payments also. And I'm sure he'll be applying for
unemployment benefits, whatever those are. With six kids it won't be easy.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 07:57:02 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 3/18/2020 7:57 PM, Adorable Deplorable wrote:
On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 21:53:35 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
Just found out my daughter's husband just got his hours cut to zero and will
have no income. Six kids. ****.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

My one son in law works for the government and is working from home.
Program management on GPS satellite. But he was supposed to go to Boston
for a reserve assignment. We wonder about that. He is a major and
scientist for the Air Force.

I'm wishing my SIL was in the Guard instead of the Reserves. A lot of the Guard
are being called up. He's a major. That would be a bit of money. Enough for a
house payment anyway.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

One of my grandsons is in the MA National Guard. He received notice
that they are on "standby" and to prepare for call up and deployment
in the near future.

Good luck to him.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

We are very fortunate to be in a financial position that if required, we
can help family members who may be unexpectedly without an income.
Nobody is going to lose their house or go hungry.

Mrs.E. and I are more concerned with staying healthy.

There are some recently announced developments of treatments that may
"cure" those infected with the covid-19 virus. A vaccine to prevent
or minimize infections is still a long ways off but if any of these
treatments prove to be effective, they may be our way out of this.

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

[...]

I liked Trump's talk a bit ago. I'm glad he jumped down the throat of the gal
who questioned his use of the term 'Chinese Virus'. That term needs to be spread
all over the world.

I hope what they're hoping, about the 'cure' pans out. It may be the best bet
for us older guys, especially those of us who sucked on cigarettes for 40 years!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!