Default Piling on

Really feel for someone we know and are close to.

She's 69 year old, lost her husband to lung cancer
a couple of years ago and now lives alone.

Before all this covid-19 thing erupted she and her
best friend booked a cruise leaving from Florida
for the end of this month. They also booked a
trip to Italy in the fall.

Obviously, the cruise is cancelled. At about
the same time she was diagnosed with a return
of breast cancer that she was originally treated
for 30 years ago. She now faces more surgery and
chemo.

We may all be experiencing some anxiety now-days
but there are others faced with much more.

https://www.avg.com

On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 08:44:31 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Really feel for someone we know and are close to.

She's 69 year old, lost her husband to lung cancer
a couple of years ago and now lives alone.

Before all this covid-19 thing erupted she and her
best friend booked a cruise leaving from Florida
for the end of this month. They also booked a
trip to Italy in the fall.

Obviously, the cruise is cancelled. At about
the same time she was diagnosed with a return
of breast cancer that she was originally treated
for 30 years ago. She now faces more surgery and
chemo.

We may all be experiencing some anxiety now-days
but there are others faced with much more.

And what many folks don't consider is that the virus will take health
professionals away from folks like her.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 09:31:26 -0400, Adorable Deplorable
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 08:44:31 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Really feel for someone we know and are close to.

She's 69 year old, lost her husband to lung cancer
a couple of years ago and now lives alone.

Before all this covid-19 thing erupted she and her
best friend booked a cruise leaving from Florida
for the end of this month. They also booked a
trip to Italy in the fall.

Obviously, the cruise is cancelled. At about
the same time she was diagnosed with a return
of breast cancer that she was originally treated
for 30 years ago. She now faces more surgery and
chemo.

We may all be experiencing some anxiety now-days
but there are others faced with much more.

And what many folks don't consider is that the virus will take health
professionals away from folks like her.

I saw on one of the FB military pages, they are going to bring back a
couple of the military hospital ships, just to take regular medical
emergencies out of the hospitals. I assume everyone gets screened
before they can come aboard and I hope they are sequestered as best
they can for a couple of weeks.

wrote:

[...]

Saw that in the news. USNHS Comfort will go to New York.
USNHS Mercy is going to West Coast.

Only problem is the Comfort is currently undergoing repairs and
won't be ready to deploy until mid-April although the repair work
is going to be expedited hopefully to get it to NY sooner.

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

Really feel for someone we know and are close to.

She's 69 year old,Â* lost her husband to lung cancer
a couple of years ago and now lives alone.

Before all this covid-19 thing erupted she and her
best friend booked a cruise leaving from Florida
for the end of this month.Â* They also booked a
trip to Italy in the fall.

Obviously, the cruise is cancelled. At about
the same time she was diagnosed with a return
of breast cancer that she was originally treated
for 30 years ago.Â* She now faces more surgery and
chemo.

We may all be experiencing some anxiety now-days
but there are others faced with much more.

And what many folks don't consider is that the virus will take health
professionals away from folks like her.

I saw on one of the FB military pages, they are going to bring back a
couple of the military hospital ships, just to take regular medical
emergencies out of the hospitals. I assume everyone gets screened
before they can come aboard and I hope they are sequestered as best
they can for a couple of weeks.

Saw that in the news.Â* USNHS Comfort will go to New York.
USNHS Mercy is going to West Coast.

Only problem is the Comfort is currently undergoing repairs and
won't be ready to deploy until mid-April although the repair work
is going to be expedited hopefully to get it to NY sooner.

Also heard a couple of carriers may join them. Carriers have
substantial hospital-like facilities that may be of help in a
similar way of the two hospital ships.

https://www.avg.com

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

Baltimore mayor asks residents to stop shooting each other.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/...d-19-pandemic/

Piling Extensions [email protected] Cruising 1 July 12th 05 07:17 AM
Piling extensions Parallax Cruising 4 August 10th 04 10:26 PM
Tying docklines to piling - best way , esp. with a very long line Mitchell Gossman General 14 June 17th 04 09:07 AM