Default USA may not be doing bad

Certainly not a scientific analysis but I was looking at
different countries and when the first case of covid-19
was confirmed and how those countries
are currently affected.

China:

Reported it's first case on November 17 according
to Chinese media sources.

Italy:

Reported it's first two cases on Jan 31. They were two Chinese
tourists who became sick and were hospitalized in Rome.

Feb 6th, a third case (also person from Wuhan, China)
was confirmed.

Feb 16th - a cluster of 16 cases were confirmed.

Today (March 17th) Italy has had 31,506 confirmed cases
and 2,503 deaths.

USA

The first confirmed case in the USA was on January 20th.
It was a man who had recently returned from Wuhan, China.

Today (March 17th) USA currently has total cases: 4,226
Total deaths: 75

Italy confirmed it's first case 11 days after
the USA confirmed its first case.

So, we are not doing bad, all things considered.

https://www.avg.com

On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 17:36:04 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

[...]

We do tend to be more spread out and once you get out of the fetid
cities, people are usually practicing social distancing as their
normal course of being. I never did like people standing too close to
me and now I have a reason to avoid those ridiculous hand shakes.
I think the countryside might be OK for a while but, like I said, this
thing wend around the globe in a month or two. We are all going to be
exposed eventually.

I did have a thing at our annual meeting and ramp key swap. It was
pretty cold for us (55-60 with 10 out of the north) so people chose to
stand in the sun, fairly far apart. I talk loud so I could give my
reports from pretty far away and just when I thought I was going to
get out of there clean, some woman came up and hugged me. I didn't
punch her in the gut but I thought about it. ;-)

I am doing what they say about washing your hands and not touching
stuff. I have a whole routine every time I get in the car, spraying
myself and wiping down everything I might touch but I know I am
literally whistling through the graveyard.
I am planning on getting my 80cu/ft O2 bottle ready to go and on a
dolly in case we do have problems. I am still debating about going to
the welding store and getting a big one while they are still around. I
am just not sure how much it would help if you are really sick.

[...]

An easy way to see what's happening in any country. Just click on the country.

http://ncov.bii.virginia.edu/dashboa...hDW6GbdBdCH-jk

Note Belarus, claiming 36 cases which is the same as a few days ago. When I
mentioned this to my friend in Belarus, his comment was, "They're lying!"
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On 3/18/2020 7:33 AM, Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

Some people are just not "getting" it.

My wife has a friend who is 68 years old and has COPD among
other health issues.

The friend's daughter works, and drops off her 6 year old son who has
been sick with typical colds, sneezing, coughing etc. for my wife's
friend to take care of while the daughter is at work. To top that off,
the 30 something year old daughter has also been sick with either
a cold or the flu.

This activity is exactly what the CDC is advising *not* to do
but some people are just ignoring all the warnings and recommendations.

https://www.avg.com

On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 08:31:10 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

[...]

There are many stories now about the millennials and their failure to take this
seriously.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...irus-seriously

"Statistically, millennials are more likely to be carriers for COVID-19 because,
well, there are more of us. The U.S. Census Bureau projects that adults between
the ages of 20 and 35 now make up the largest living population, surpassing the
baby boomers. Young adults are also less likely to show symptoms, which means
they are more likely to spread the coronavirus without realizing it. This is why
it's important for millennials to reduce public contact, especially with older
adults who are more at risk, Birx explained.

But they, for a large part, don't seem to give a ****.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

They think this is the ultimate "Hey Boomer, **** You"

wrote:

[...]

They related to Harry?

On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 22:11:22 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

[...]

Harry is in the cross hairs of C-19. I can see why he gets so excited.