Default SKS anyone?

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 16:42:27 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 3/6/20 4:27 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 06 Mar 2020 16:05:14 -0500, Adorable Deplorable
wrote:

On Fri, 06 Mar 2020 15:28:37 -0500,
wrote:

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 10:36:42 -0800 (PST), Its Me
wrote:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/chinese-type-56-sks-7-62x39-military-surplus-rifle-w-spiker-bayonet.html?trk_msg=09EC6BI07IMKD2HIHO4T78I7G4&tr k_contact=3RKELVNMNKDUCJ2M6LBG5EUR34&trk_sid=VANVD HI90760LPTHDPA9J9J318&utm_source=Listrak&utm_mediu m=email&utm_term=https%3a%2f%2fpalmettostatearmory .com%2fchinese-type-56-sks-7-62x39-military-surplus-rifle-w-spiker-bayonet.html&utm_campaign=Daily+Deal+Email&utm_con tent=12%3a00+Email

Seems like it might be a decent price. I have no affiliation, it was just in my email.

That seems pretty high to me but I guess the imports slowed way down.

It's about $50 less than I can find it anyplace else on the 'net.

Still seems like too much for a crappy used Chinese rifle.

There are any number of new, really decent 7.62 x 39 rifles out there,
bolt action, not semi-auto. Ruger makes one that retails for under $400,
and a far better rifle than a crappy SKS. If you want a semi-auto, you
probably can find an AR upper in that caliber for $250-$300, and it,
too, will be a better rifle than the SKS.

The fixed magazine SKS might slip through some state laws if you take
the bayonet off. God know we need to stop this rash of bayonet charge
murders.
Tim Tim is offline

Still seems like too much for a crappy used Chinese rifle.
——

Crappie, is in the eyes of the beholder. That format has held its own for about 80 year now.

Now let’s think about something here. ARs don’t come with a chrome lined barrel, or a toad sticker, flip-down bayonet that also can serve as a mono-pod.

An 8 yr old can easily strip the chi-com without any tools actually in seconds. Well try that with the AR. SKS doesn’t mind some sand and dirt and even with the commute clip conversion, there’s no need to tap the clip in your helmet or tie rubbers in the barrel muzzle, because the SKS doesn’t jam.
Anyhow, not to start a sebate but the SKS. Is a pretty cool little rifle and the SKS is cheap enough
There. I’ll sit down now...

Tim wrote:
I remember getting them in a 5 lot for $79.00 a piece. That was in the 80s. And two years ago my son said he found a like new copy for 300. I said BUY IT!!!

Yes this is about the going rate. It’s not a bargain but it’s fair

I remember prices like that, too at gun shows in the late 80's. They
were in rough shape.

Tim wrote:

Still seems like too much for a crappy used Chinese rifle.
——

Crappie, is in the eyes of the beholder. That format has held its own for about 80 year now.

Now let’s think about something here. ARs don’t come with a chrome lined barrel, or a toad sticker, flip-down bayonet that also can serve as a mono-pod.

An 8 yr old can easily strip the chi-com without any tools actually in seconds. Well try that with the AR. SKS doesn’t mind some sand and dirt and even with the commute clip conversion, there’s no need to tap the clip in your helmet or tie rubbers in the barrel muzzle, because the SKS doesn’t jam.
Anyhow, not to start a sebate but the SKS. Is a pretty cool little rifle and the SKS is cheap enough
There. I’ll sit down now...

My AR's have chromed barrels.Â* Are you thinking about surplus AK's?

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 15:26:46 -0800 (PST), Tim

Still seems like too much for a crappy used Chinese rifle.
——

Crappie, is in the eyes of the beholder. That format has held its own for about 80 year now.

Now let’s think about something here. ARs don’t come with a chrome lined barrel, or a toad sticker, flip-down bayonet that also can serve as a mono-pod.

An 8 yr old can easily strip the chi-com without any tools actually in seconds. Well try that with the AR. SKS doesn’t mind some sand and dirt and even with the commute clip conversion, there’s no need to tap the clip in your helmet or tie rubbers in the barrel muzzle, because the SKS doesn’t jam.
Anyhow, not to start a sebate but the SKS. Is a pretty cool little rifle and the SKS is cheap enough
There. I’ll sit down now...

It is a heluva military piece for the 3d world, cheap, easy to
maintain, a kid can do it. Goes bang every time and this kid ain't a
marksman.
I am just not sure what it is good for in the first world.
Tim Tim is offline

Alex
My AR's have chromed barrels. Are you thinking about surplus AK's?
——

Uh no. I guess it depend on whose ARs All the Chinese SKS are chromed