Calif Bill

Default OT : Justice Prevails

"Joe Parsons" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 00:59:04 GMT, "Calif Bill"

wrote:

My 88 year old mother, RN for about 65 years, says it is murder.

This is a good example of a logical fallacy called "argumentum ad

verecundiam,"
or "appeal to authority."

The argument about abortion is far more a "moral" issue than it is a

medical
one. Therefore, the fact that your 88 year old mother is an RN has no

probative
or persuasive value in the argument.

If you wanted to make an argument like that, you'd have done better to

say, "My
88 year old mother, a federal prosecutor for about 65 years, says it is

murder."

Did you pick up that burgundy paint for my Four Winns?

Joe Parsons

If you
waited 45 seconds and 14" that baby would be in the doctors arms. Then

is
it OK to poke it in the head and suck out it's brains? And this is a

lady
who supports abortions.
Bill

"jps" wrote in message
"Dave Hall" wrote in message

If you dislike and distrust government so much, then why do you

support
a political ideology which relies on greater governmental control and
involvement?

The Patrioit Act?
Partial Birth Abortion? (even my 79 yr. old reasonably conservative

mother
says that's an invasion of women's bodies)
Government headcount growing at a faster pace than ever in history?
Bigger Gov't deficits than any other time in history?

Are you assuming I'm a Republican Dave?

Picked up the Burgundy paint for my Jetcraft at San Leandro Color off Dutton
and E. 14th. $16 and they put it in a spray can for me. I listen to my
mom, don't you. I go along with her opinion. She has delivered babies. Fi
rst one in first year nurses training to an epileptic mother. She almost
gave up nursing then. Her opinion is it is a viable baby at that the time
that labor is going on and 8+ months into pregnancy. My Godson was 2# and
7.5 months at birth. 30 now and going to be a dad himself in May. If it is
the mom's life that is in danger, why not do a C section or the fact that
the baby continues it birth trip after being stabbed in the head, negates
fact that the mom dies if the baby is born. The Federal prosecutor would
now say it is murder.

Calif Bill

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
My 88 year old mother, RN for about 65 years, says it is murder. If you

"jps" wrote in message
"Dave Hall" wrote in message

If you dislike and distrust government so much, then why do you

support
a political ideology which relies on greater governmental control and
involvement?

The Patrioit Act?
Partial Birth Abortion? (even my 79 yr. old reasonably conservative

mother
says that's an invasion of women's bodies)
Government headcount growing at a faster pace than ever in history?
Bigger Gov't deficits than any other time in history?

Are you assuming I'm a Republican Dave?

Your 88-year-old mother is entitled to her opinion, but it doesn't sound
as if she is in a position to push her beliefs onto others.

One of my problems with anti-choicers is that most of them don't give a
crap about the millions of "unwanted" children already in this country.
They are "pro-life" until there is a live birth, and then they don't
give a crap how that child lives.

--
Email sent to is never read.

I guess your opinion is that if you decide you do not want the baby, you can
kill it after you see it is the wrong whatever after delivery. Makes as
much sense as saying you can abort (kill) the baby when it is1/3 out the
mom. This is not abortion, this is murder. Any one with a conscious would
see that. Not like aborting in first trimester.

Joe Parsons

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 03:57:04 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

.. .

"jps" wrote in message
"Dave Hall" wrote in message

If you dislike and distrust government so much, then why do you

support
a political ideology which relies on greater governmental control and
involvement?

The Patrioit Act?
Partial Birth Abortion? (even my 79 yr. old reasonably conservative

mother
says that's an invasion of women's bodies)
Government headcount growing at a faster pace than ever in history?
Bigger Gov't deficits than any other time in history?

Are you assuming I'm a Republican Dave?

Picked up the Burgundy paint for my Jetcraft at San Leandro Color off Dutton
and E. 14th. $16 and they put it in a spray can for me. I listen to my
mom, don't you.

When she was alive, I *always* listened to my mother--especially when she taught
me that I should make up my own mind.

I go along with her opinion.

So it would appear--and that's fine; but the *only* point I want to make about
what you said is that the fact that your mother is 88 years old and a nurse has
no probative or persuasive value with respect to this highly charged issue.

Joe Parsons

She has delivered babies. Fi
rst one in first year nurses training to an epileptic mother. She almost
gave up nursing then. Her opinion is it is a viable baby at that the time
that labor is going on and 8+ months into pregnancy. My Godson was 2# and
7.5 months at birth. 30 now and going to be a dad himself in May. If it is
the mom's life that is in danger, why not do a C section or the fact that
the baby continues it birth trip after being stabbed in the head, negates
fact that the mom dies if the baby is born. The Federal prosecutor would
now say it is murder.

Calif Bill

I think a nurse has some persuasive value in this argument. And I support
legal abortion. Old enough to remember dead girls making the news from back
ally botched abortions. But when a baby is 33% out the mom, and is stabbed
in the head and debrained, that is not abortion. That is a killing! The
sad thing is the amount of abortions. Reaaly sad when it becomes a birth
control method. Enough birth control methods out there to stop the
pregnancy from ever happening.
Bill

"jps" wrote in message
"Dave Hall" wrote in message

[...]

Joe

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
news
I think a nurse has some persuasive value in this argument. And I support
legal abortion. Old enough to remember dead girls making the news from

back
ally botched abortions. But when a baby is 33% out the mom, and is

stabbed
in the head and debrained, that is not abortion. That is a killing! The
sad thing is the amount of abortions. Reaaly sad when it becomes a birth
control method. Enough birth control methods out there to stop the
pregnancy from ever happening.
Bill

Don't worry Bill, this is where Mr. Parsons steps in and says he never
disagreed with you opinion, just the fact that you used your mothers nursing
experience to support your argument.

Joe Parsons

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 05:24:39 GMT, "Joe" wrote:

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
news
I think a nurse has some persuasive value in this argument. And I support
legal abortion. Old enough to remember dead girls making the news from

back
ally botched abortions. But when a baby is 33% out the mom, and is

stabbed
in the head and debrained, that is not abortion. That is a killing! The
sad thing is the amount of abortions. Reaaly sad when it becomes a birth
control method. Enough birth control methods out there to stop the
pregnancy from ever happening.
Bill

Don't worry Bill, this is where Mr. Parsons steps in and says he never
disagreed with you opinion, just the fact that you used your mothers nursing
experience to support your argument.

What have I ever posted to this (or any) newsgroup that might give you the
impression that I am unable or unwilling to express my own opinion?

I'd be much obliged if you would refrain from attempting to speak for me.

Joe Parsons
basskisser

Joe Parsons wrote in message . ..
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 05:24:39 GMT, "Joe" wrote:

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
news
[...]

Oh, you know how it is, buddy. If JoeTechnician thinks that you are
even a tiny bit left leaning, and able to think for yourself, as
opposed to goose stepping to BushCo, then you are non-human to him.
Yes, it's stupidity, but it's there, non the less.
Harry Krause

WaIIy wrote:

On 11 Nov 2003 04:12:03 -0800, (basskisser) wrote:

Oh, you know how it is, buddy. If JoeTechnician thinks that you are
even a tiny bit left leaning, and able to think for yourself, as
opposed to goose stepping to BushCo, then you are non-human to him.
Yes, it's stupidity, but it's there, non the less.

Godwin's Law /prov./ [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the
probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread
is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever
argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the
existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups.

Wally: Godwin's Law is a canard; when it first was first posted, it was
a funny little piece of doggerel. The fact that you *rely* on it to help
you dispute opinions with which you disagree only goes to show what a
real dumfoch you are.

Here's a simple example for you: someone will liken some idea put in the
head of Bush, the brain-damaged imbecile in the White House, to
something that would have come out of the third reich. You and the rest
of the right-wing pond scum will then *deny* the validity of that posit,
ad nauseum, thus disproving that there is an "upper bound" on thread length.

There isn't a thought in your head worth a plugged nickel, Wally. How
can you live with that?

--
Email sent to
is never read.

basskisser

"Joe" wrote in message ...
The argument about abortion is far more a "moral" issue than it is a

medical
one.

You're right, it is, but to stab a hole in the head and suck the brains out
of a baby's head during delivery is murder.

So is starting a war and getting a bunch of innocent people killed murder?
Is having criminals killed, then joking about it murder?
Is death, because of failure to take care of our elderly murder?