thunder

Default OT : Justice Prevails

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 14:20:29 +0000, Dave Hall wrote:

If he had nothing to hide, why not allow
full unfettered access?

Perhaps, Saddam was willing to allow full unfettered access, but the Bush
administration still wanted war.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/WNT/W...e031105-1.html
Gould 0738

If I answer that selling out a friend, merely to reveal a scandalous
adultery
by a third party, is a low-life thing to do, what then?

Then you reveal that confidences are more important to you, than
following the law.

Sorry, but the law does not require me to report adultery.
Dave Hall

jps wrote:

"Dave Hall" wrote in message

Proof the American people have diminishing faith in government.

True, and thanks to liberal indoctrination, the people have become
paranoid.

And no accounting of this paranoia should be placed at the doorstep of our
chief in conspiracy, the President.

It's become quite evident to the American population that lying to get what
you want is okay. The most important thing is getting what you want.

There is no proof that anyone "lied". You are only engaging in
speculation.

Bush got his war, we get dead kids and a big tax bill.

Talk to someone who was an adult during WW2 and see what they (in most
cases willingly) gave up to support the cause. Even though there were
hundreds of "kids" being killed then too. War is hell, people die.
That's no reason to avoid it at all cost.

Hooray for government!!!

If you dislike and distrust government so much, then why do you support
a political ideology which relies on greater governmental control and
involvement?

Dave

jps

"Dave Hall" wrote in message

If you dislike and distrust government so much, then why do you support
a political ideology which relies on greater governmental control and
involvement?

The Patrioit Act?
Partial Birth Abortion? (even my 79 yr. old reasonably conservative mother
says that's an invasion of women's bodies)
Government headcount growing at a faster pace than ever in history?
Bigger Gov't deficits than any other time in history?

Are you assuming I'm a Republican Dave?

Calif Bill

My 88 year old mother, RN for about 65 years, says it is murder. If you
waited 45 seconds and 14" that baby would be in the doctors arms. Then is
it OK to poke it in the head and suck out it's brains? And this is a lady
who supports abortions.
Bill

"jps" wrote in message
"Dave Hall" wrote in message

If you dislike and distrust government so much, then why do you support
a political ideology which relies on greater governmental control and
involvement?

The Patrioit Act?
Partial Birth Abortion? (even my 79 yr. old reasonably conservative mother
says that's an invasion of women's bodies)
Government headcount growing at a faster pace than ever in history?
Bigger Gov't deficits than any other time in history?

Are you assuming I'm a Republican Dave?

Joe Parsons

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 00:59:04 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

My 88 year old mother, RN for about 65 years, says it is murder.

This is a good example of a logical fallacy called "argumentum ad verecundiam,"
or "appeal to authority."

The argument about abortion is far more a "moral" issue than it is a medical
one. Therefore, the fact that your 88 year old mother is an RN has no probative
or persuasive value in the argument.

If you wanted to make an argument like that, you'd have done better to say, "My
88 year old mother, a federal prosecutor for about 65 years, says it is murder."

Did you pick up that burgundy paint for my Four Winns?

Joe Parsons

"jps" wrote in message
"Dave Hall" wrote in message

If you dislike and distrust government so much, then why do you support
a political ideology which relies on greater governmental control and
involvement?

The Patrioit Act?
Partial Birth Abortion? (even my 79 yr. old reasonably conservative mother
says that's an invasion of women's bodies)
Government headcount growing at a faster pace than ever in history?
Bigger Gov't deficits than any other time in history?

Are you assuming I'm a Republican Dave?

Joe

The argument about abortion is far more a "moral" issue than it is a
medical
one.

You're right, it is, but to stab a hole in the head and suck the brains out
of a baby's head during delivery is murder.

Harry Krause

"jps" wrote in message
"Dave Hall" wrote in message

If you dislike and distrust government so much, then why do you support
a political ideology which relies on greater governmental control and
involvement?

The Patrioit Act?
Partial Birth Abortion? (even my 79 yr. old reasonably conservative mother
says that's an invasion of women's bodies)
Government headcount growing at a faster pace than ever in history?
Bigger Gov't deficits than any other time in history?

Are you assuming I'm a Republican Dave?

Your 88-year-old mother is entitled to her opinion, but it doesn't sound
as if she is in a position to push her beliefs onto others.

One of my problems with anti-choicers is that most of them don't give a
crap about the millions of "unwanted" children already in this country.
They are "pro-life" until there is a live birth, and then they don't
give a crap how that child lives.

--
Email sent to is never read.

Harry Krause

WaIIy wrote:

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:46:25 -0800, "jps" wrote:

Partial Birth Abortion? (even my 79 yr. old reasonably conservative mother
says that's an invasion of women's bodies)

Your grandmother agrees with stabbing an 8 month old baby on the head
with scissors.

This might answer some of the questions pertaining to your personality.

Heck, Wally, how many Iraqi children has the Bush Administration killed
so far this year?

--
Email sent to is never read.

Joe

Heck, Wally, how many Iraqi children has the Bush Administration killed
so far this year?

Far less than he's saved.