Default COVID-19

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
On 3/2/2020 8:03 PM, wrote: On Mon, 2 Mar 2020 18:33:01 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote: On 3/2/20 6:25 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote: On 3/2/2020 6:15 PM, Keyser Soze wrote: On 3/2/20 5:37 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote: Been listening to the "experts" discuss the COVID-19 outbreak. Some suggest that as the weather gets warmer and humidity rises, it will die out. The experts claim that the virus can travel further in dry, cold weather which increases the risk of spreading. But I just saw an updated global map and Australia has 33 confirmed cases (about half that of the USA but with a population of only 24.6 million) and New Zealand has one. Australia and New Zealand are in the latter months of their summer. It's hot and humid. The experts claim that the virus can travel further in dry, cold weather which increases the risk of spreading. You sound silly when you channel Trump. This information did not come from Trump. It came from at two different doctors who specialize in virus transmission. Last week Trump said the virus would go away when it got warm. This is searchable. He didn't make it up. Other people, with credentials, say the same thing. We have to remember that Harry suffers from severeTrump derangement syndrome (TDS} which is defined asa term for criticism or negative reactions to United States President Donald Trump that are alleged to be irrational and have little regard towards Trump's actual positions or actions taken.There is little hope for Harry's eventual recovery.-- This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.https://www.avg.com

There's no cure or vaccine for that. FatbHarry needs to be put
down. That's the way Bloomburg would handle it.
--
..

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On Mon, 2 Mar 2020 21:02:20 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 3/2/2020 8:50 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 2 Mar 2020 20:22:30 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 3/2/2020 8:02 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 2 Mar 2020 18:25:03 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 3/2/2020 6:15 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 3/2/20 5:37 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Been listening to the "experts" discuss the COVID-19 outbreak.

Some suggest that as the weather gets warmer and humidity rises,
it will die out. The experts claim that the virus can travel further
in dry, cold weather which increases the risk of spreading.

But I just saw an updated global map and Australia has 33 confirmed
cases (about half that of the USA but with a population of only
24.6 million)Â* and New Zealand has one.

Australia and New Zealand are in the latter months of their summer.
It's hot and humid.

The experts claim that the virus can travel further in dry, cold
weather which increases the risk of spreading.

You sound silly when you channel Trump.

This information did not come from Trump. It came from at two
different doctors who specialize in virus transmission.

What I found interesting was that it's not the heat or
humidity that actually affects the virus. It's the
more unlikely chance it will spread.

Reason is this:

If someone infected sneezes or coughs, the droplets will travel
further in dry, low humidity conditions. Cold weather (winter)
has low humidity conditions.

In the summer, with warmer weather the relative humidity rises
significantly. The droplets from a sneeze or cough cannot travel
as far in the air with higher relative humidity. In other words,
the air is denser in higher humidity conditions.

Even Trump couldn't dream this one up.

They always told us it just because people were cooped up together
inside in the winter. I do suspect that in direct sun, viruses don't
last as long. U/V and ozone are pretty tough stuff

Being cooped up certainly aids cross-contamination but I doubt
U/V and ozone has much effect on the droplets of a sneeze or
cough that travels a short distance from the infected to the
one about to be infected.

They don't survive on surfaces as long and that is a significant
vector. People touch the infected hand rail or whatever, then they
touch their face or eat something without washing their hands.

True.

My first wife was living with doctors every day and we always talked
about how you get germs. I was on the road, seeing dozens of customers
every day in some places where there were hundreds of people coming
and going so if there was a cold going around, I was going to be
exposed. I tried to understand the vectors. IBM had a part number for
91% isopropanol and I kept a bottle in my tool bag, long before Purell
was a thing. I still got my share of colds but I think I missed some.

On Monday, March 2, 2020 at 8:31:42 PM UTC-5, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 3/2/20 8:26 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/2/2020 8:03 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 2 Mar 2020 18:33:01 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 3/2/20 6:25 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/2/2020 6:15 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 3/2/20 5:37 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Been listening to the "experts" discuss the COVID-19 outbreak.

Some suggest that as the weather gets warmer and humidity rises,
it will die out. The experts claim that the virus can travel further
in dry, cold weather which increases the risk of spreading.

But I just saw an updated global map and Australia has 33 confirmed
cases (about half that of the USA but with a population of only
24.6 million)Â* and New Zealand has one.

Australia and New Zealand are in the latter months of their summer..
It's hot and humid.

The experts claim that the virus can travel further in dry, cold
weather which increases the risk of spreading.

You sound silly when you channel Trump.

This information did not come from Trump.Â* It came from at two
different doctors who specialize in virus transmission.

Last week Trump said the virus would go away when it got warm. This is
searchable.

He didn't make it up. Other people, with credentials, say the same
thing.

We have to remember that Harry suffers from severe
Trump derangement syndrome (TDS}Â* which is defined as
a term for criticism or negative reactions to United States President
Donald Trump that are alleged to be irrational and have little regard
towards Trump's actual positions or actions taken.

There is little hope for Harry's eventual recovery.

Trump has no policy on any issue because his mental impairment means he
cannot think strategically or abstractly, and concepts like fairness,
justice, honor, do not register with him. I've never heard him state an
abstract thought or idea. His language is simple and low-level, filled
with adjectives like horrible, disgraceful, perfect, nasty, stupid, et
cetera, and he's paranoid and vulgar.

Hey, that's kind of like you stating that everything Republican is a "horror" inflicted, or everything anti-Republican is "delicious". You share that language trait with Trump.

wrote:

[...]

But how long does the virus live on surfaces? Does UV shorten that
lifespan?

wrote:

[...]

===

There's another factor in winter: Warm dry air and low humidity cause
sinuses and nasal passages to dry out. As a result they become more
susceptible to infection.

https://www.avg.com

On Tue, 03 Mar 2020 00:25:53 -0500,
wrote:

On Mon, 2 Mar 2020 20:22:30 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I know I had a lot more colds up north but some of that is just that
DC is a big petri dish, collecting germs from around the world. You
are around people sneezing and blowing their nose all winter. New York
City is the same way.

On 3/2/2020 8:03 PM, wrote:
[...]

But, hey, he's your boy.

You discussing honor is like a snail discussing drag racing.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!