Default Bloomberg really needs to remember they record this ****

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...001809503.html

On Tue, 25 Feb 2020 18:45:50 -0500, wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...001809503.html

===

Bloomberg continued, “But seriously. somebody’s gotta stand up and do
what we need. A healthy banking system that’s going to take risks
because that’s what creates the jobs for everybody. And nobody’s
willing to say that. The trouble is, these campaigns in this day and
age, really are about slogans and not about issues anymore."

And he's right of course, but not a popular message.

wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...001809503.html

===

Bloomberg continued, “But seriously. somebody’s gotta stand up and do
what we need. A healthy banking system that’s going to take risks
because that’s what creates the jobs for everybody. And nobody’s
willing to say that. The trouble is, these campaigns in this day and
age, really are about slogans and not about issues anymore."

And he's right of course, but not a popular message.

There are plenty of serious issues being discussed seriously on the
Democratic side and, on the Republican side, there is Donald Trump
telling us the Corona virus will fade away shortly and that a vaccine is
really close, except the experts are saying it is a year to 18 months away.

wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...001809503.html

===

Bloomberg continued, “But seriously. somebody’s gotta stand up and do
what we need. A healthy banking system that’s going to take risks
because that’s what creates the jobs for everybody. And nobody’s
willing to say that. The trouble is, these campaigns in this day and
age, really are about slogans and not about issues anymore."

And he's right of course, but not a popular message.

My limited experience with banks is that they do *not* take risks unless
they are forced to (by the feds) as in the sub-prime loans that led to
the economic collapse of home loans in 2008.

My experiences are limited, I recognize, but I've never seen a
bank take a *risk*, either in personal loans, mortgages or in
business. The loans are always backed by some form of
collateral.

Financial risk takers are private investors, venture capital firms, etc.

wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...001809503.html

===

Bloomberg continued, “But seriously. somebody’s gotta stand up and do
what we need. A healthy banking system that’s going to take risks
because that’s what creates the jobs for everybody. And nobody’s
willing to say that. The trouble is, these campaigns in this day and
age, really are about slogans and not about issues anymore."

And he's right of course, but not a popular message.

There are plenty of serious issues being discussed seriously on the
Democratic side and, on the Republican side, there is Donald Trump
telling us the Corona virus will fade away shortly and that a vaccine is
really close, except the experts are saying it is a year to 18 months away.

Yep, it sure didn't take too long for the Dems to organize their
talking points and start blaming Trump for the Coronavirus.

wrote:

[...]

I haven't heard or seen anyone *blaming* the Moron for the virus, but he
sure cut back on the people and departments who are supposed to handle
the issues related to protecting us from it and he making idiotic,
non-science based remarks about it "disappearing" and the near
availability of a vaccine, and these remarks are utter nonsense. Your guy.

wrote:

[...]

Sure. Could be he's trying to prevent panic until the real scope of the
threat is determined.

Doesn't help with that slime-ball, Chuck Schumer heading for the first
open microphone to denounce Trump and his administration and raising
anxieties purely for political advantage. As Trump said, if he
had requested *more* money from Congress, Schumer and the Dems would
be saying it was too much. As it turns out, he and the Dems are
claiming Trump's initial request was too little.

Lost in the whole pigsty of politics was the fact that Trump's
request was for an initial funding. If need be, he acknowledged
we may need more.

Of course, if Congress thinks the initial request for funding isn't
enough, they are free to authorize more ... without Trump asking.

It's pure BS politics again.

wrote:

[...]

The problems started with the banks when Clinton signed the law
repealing Glass Steagall in 1999 and allowed the banks to become like
venture capital firms and stock brokers. Then they were gambling with
their depositor's money.

wrote:

[...]

If the damned Chinese would stop sleeping with the pigs they eat we
would avoid a lot of these viruses. Virtually every one in the last 50
years has come out of China and was traced back to livestock.
Hey Dung Poo, wash your hands after you hug your pig.

wrote:

[...]

They don't want to admit, the immediate "fix" is to have tighter
border screening. The Dems want open borders.