Default Christmas for Navy Folks

Y'all might like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfQA...4Fu&index=2 3

On Mon, 09 Dec 2019 10:27:54 -0500, John H.
wrote:

Y'all might like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfQA...4Fu&index=2 3

===

Fun stuff, thanks for posting.

wrote:

Y'all might like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfQA...4Fu&index=2 3

===

Fun stuff, thanks for posting.

Enjoyed the video and fun music ... it should be noted though that it's
not just for "Navy Folks".

Looked up some interesting facts about military bands and groups.
The USA has about 130 different musical bands or groups world-wide
consisting of over 6,000 active duty military personnel serving in
the Navy, Marines, Army, Air Force and Coast Guard. Unlike musicians
in many other nations where military bands consist of volunteer
civilians, the USA bands are active duty service members who also
have other military duties and roles as their jobs.

These bands and groups serve an important role both here at
home and in international diplomacy. The USA has well over
8,000 official political "diplomats" world-wide but I think
the music performed by the bands does more for domestic
and international harmony (pun intended) and good relations
than the politics and official diplomacy.

It has always struck me how professional military bands are
and the quality of their performances. Many members attended
advanced music schools before entering military service but many
are just high school graduates with musical/instrument talent
who may have played in a high school band. The military bands
seems to refine and bring out the best of their talent and skills,
obviously due to practice, practice, practice.

The best thing I like about military bands is that they
always play the Star Spangled Banner as it
was written, without the "climbing up and down a ladder"
style in the "banner yet wave" part. Too many civilian
and civilian recording artists always screw that part up.

My musical pet peeve.

wrote:

[...]

The 'Navy Folks' comment was just an attention getter. We go to see this group (Country Currents)
play any time they're in the area - usually three or four times a year. They always start their
performance with the National Anthem, and they always do a medley of the Navy, Army, Marine and
Coast Guard songs somewhere during the performance, having the former members of each branch stand
while their song is playing.

US Navy Band Christmas Concert John H[_2_] General 1 December 16th 17 07:25 PM
Thanks, Folks... John H.[_5_] General 2 December 15th 15 03:47 AM
Hi Folks! JimH General 18 August 1st 06 02:20 AM
Well, Folks.... Capt. Rob ASA 2 January 4th 06 08:01 PM
Merry Christmas A Christmas gift to everyone.. Mudi Electronics 0 December 21st 03 08:44 AM