Default Boat project

I am up on the hard, stripped the boat down to the plywood, pressure
cleaned and scraped off as much of the old sealer as I could get off.
Fixin to put 3 coats of roof sealer on it and a new rug. Plywood (MDO)
seems solid and that is somewhat amazing after 30 years in the
salt/brackish water and around 7,000 hours running. I am going to go
with it for a few more years anyway.
I also have my motor maintenance and probably a few other little
things on the electrical system.
I guess I just pushed my new boat back a few years again. If I am
still using it in the 2021-22 time frame I will be due for a motor and
I might do the whole thing new then. I still have the problem that I
don't want any furniture and it is hard to buy a new boat without it.
That gets me back to Fire and Marine in Ohio who will build me a new
boat to spec. Last time I priced one out it was 11k or so for a
battleship and 2k to ship, if I was not willing to drive to Dayton to
get it.
I wonder if I could get an Uber? ;-)

On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 22:03:18 -0400, Alex wrote:

wrote:
[...]

An epoxy floor coating might be better, and lighter, than three coats of
roof sealer. Here's another one to consider that is flexible:

https://gaco.com/product-details/gac...-roof-coating/

That is similar to what I have. It does need to remain flexible tho so
epoxy might crack.

Todays' boat project Eisboch[_2_] General 33 October 17th 07 07:07 PM
Who Doesn't Own a Project Boat??? Capt. Rob ASA 24 January 27th 06 10:08 PM
FS: Project Boat in NY Bobsprit Marketplace 0 June 6th 04 02:10 AM
boat project stickers Roy G. Biv ASA 0 May 30th 04 01:59 PM
Project Boat Phil Smith General 4 March 30th 04 01:42 PM