Old October 10th 19, 12:49 AM posted to rec.boats

Default Abortions in the cafeteria?

On Wed, 09 Oct 2019 19:10:33 -0400, John H.
wrote:

That has nothing to do with the nurse implanting a birth control device in a 16 year old.

===

Let's parse that thought and figure out exactly where you have a
problem.

Is it the lack of parental knowledge/consent?

Is it concern over whether the nurse has been properly trained?

An objection to teenage birth control?

Something else?

My understanding, perhaps incorrect, is that this whole story was
presented as a bit of fake news (including the IUD reference), that
was designed to arouse the passions of all those who would prefer that
teenagers practice abstinence.

https://www.avg.com

Old October 10th 19, 03:25 PM posted to rec.boats

wrote:

That has nothing to do with the nurse implanting a birth control device in a 16 year old.

===

Let's parse that thought and figure out exactly where you have a
problem.

Is it the lack of parental knowledge/consent?

Is it concern over whether the nurse has been properly trained?

An objection to teenage birth control?

Something else?

My understanding, perhaps incorrect, is that this whole story was
presented as a bit of fake news (including the IUD reference), that
was designed to arouse the passions of all those who would prefer that
teenagers practice abstinence.

I have a problem with a school nurse performing a medical procedure without the parent's consent and
without the medical training and knowledge of the patient to perform the implant.

You question, I suppose, the news source as 'fake news'. Well, do you reckon this is also 'fake
news':
https://www.wmar2news.com/investigat...nts-permission

===

According to the article that you cite, state law allows the procedure
without parental consent. Given the Baltimore inner city venue, it's
probably a good thing. This quote just about says it all: 'I don't
have to talk to you about absolutely nothing.'

Training and qualification is an entirely different issue.

https://www.avg.com

Old October 10th 19, 04:35 PM posted to rec.boats

wrote:

[...]

Well hey - if it's a Maryland law, it must be good!

Training and qualification is *the* issue. Why do you say 'entirely different'?
Old October 10th 19, 06:02 PM posted to rec.boats

wrote:

[...]

I quote from your prior post: "I have a problem with a school nurse
performing a medical procedure without the parent's consent."

So one issue you are concerned with is parental consent. That's
settled law, at least in Maryland.

Now you say that "Training and qualification is *the* issue." Of
course we know nothing of the nurse's training and qualification
except that one of her procedures had a problematic outcome.

My name is not Harry so I'm not going to chase your inconsistent logic
much further. We know that you are opposed to all abortions for moral
and/or religious reasons. That's your priviledge. I also think you
are opposed to teenage birth control for whatever reasons. In my
opinion that is short sighted.

https://www.avg.com

Old October 10th 19, 06:36 PM posted to rec.boats

wrote:

[...]

Do we know what this "nurse's" qualifications are?
(everyone is dancing around this question)
If she is really an RN she should be qualified to do this kind of
thing. If she is just a school board employee with the job title of
school nurse and no particular training maybe not so much. That would
not surprise me in Bal'mer.

OTOH she might have actually graduated nursing school with an
affirmative action degree and still be incompetent. That really sounds
like the kind of person a school board hires.
"We buy what we sell. If they have the paper, they must be OK".
Old October 10th 19, 08:45 PM posted to rec.boats

wrote:

[...]

I have no problem with teenage birth control - unless the control is being performed by an
unqualified individual. Yes, you caught me. I should have inserted a comma and the word 'especially'
before 'parental consent'. My bad.

If you go to the Nexplanon site, you will see the phrase 'health care provider' used frequently. To
me, a school nurse does not qualify as 'health care provider'. If you consider the nurse the health
care provider, then why could the nurse not remove the implant? The girl had to go to a real health
care provider - her doctor.
Old October 10th 19, 08:47 PM posted to rec.boats

wrote:

[...]

I sincerely doubt that this nurse was the girl's 'health care provider' - i.e. her doctor. Go to the
Nexplanon site and see how often the phrase 'health care provider' is used.
Old October 10th 19, 09:52 PM posted to rec.boats

wrote:

[...]

There are plenty of "Health care providers" who are not MDs. That is
why they didn't just say "doctor". Even when they do, these days most
PCPs are really just techs. (PAs)
There may be a real doctor somewhere but it is like those electrical
contractors who live in Ohio all summer and rent their license to a
local company here in Florida.
I haven't ever even met the "doctor" who's name is on the door of the
place UHC sent me to as my PCP (over 2 years ago). Neither has my
wife.
Old October 10th 19, 10:34 PM posted to rec.boats

wrote:

[...]

The girl's mother refers to the girl's doctor. 'Doctor', not school nurse. But, I suppose a licensed
doctor could have been hired as a school nurse.

If your primary care provider is not a doctor, I'd be looking for a different plan. I'm sure I'd
have had an aortic aneurysm if my doctor had been a school nurse!