Old October 8th 19, 05:20 AM posted to rec.boats

Default Steak Success

I cooked up the last of my Costco ribeyes tonight.

I've got some of the no-salt steak seasoning on order that John
recommended but it hasn't arrived yet so I tried something different.

I took a fry pan and melted down a tablespoon or so of butter. Then I
stirred in a bunch of McCormacks reduced salt seasoning, a bunch of
fresh ground pepper and a bit of garlic powder. After stirring well,
dipped both sides of the steak into the butter and let it sit for a
minute. Then I put the steak onto the pre-heated George Foreman,
poured the remaining butter mixture on top and closed up the grill.
After 6 minutes I pulled the plug and let it sit for one more minute.

Darned if it wasn't the best steak I'd ever cooked, and one of the
best anywhere. Mission accomplished!

Thanks guys.

https://www.avg.com

Old October 8th 19, 10:13 PM posted to rec.boats

On Tue, 8 Oct 2019 19:09:37 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Tue, 08 Oct 2019 10:21:36 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Tue, 08 Oct 2019 01:32:06 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 08 Oct 2019 00:20:09 -0400,

wrote:

I cooked up the last of my Costco ribeyes tonight.

I've got some of the no-salt steak seasoning on order that John
recommended but it hasn't arrived yet so I tried something different.

I took a fry pan and melted down a tablespoon or so of butter. Then I
stirred in a bunch of McCormacks reduced salt seasoning, a bunch of
fresh ground pepper and a bit of garlic powder. After stirring well,
dipped both sides of the steak into the butter and let it sit for a
minute. Then I put the steak onto the pre-heated George Foreman,
poured the remaining butter mixture on top and closed up the grill.
After 6 minutes I pulled the plug and let it sit for one more minute.

Darned if it wasn't the best steak I'd ever cooked, and one of the
best anywhere. Mission accomplished!

Thanks guys.

Cool, sounds good.

I love a ribeye cooked in butter in a cast iron skillet that's nice and
hot. I'll do it in the
garage to keep the smoke down in the house.

I have an outdoor kitchen for that stuff.

I cook on a side burner from an old bbq I made in to a table. And outside.

I have a gas grille with the side burner, an IR back burner, another
larger stand alone burner and a GE convection oven out there. If I am
really serious I will get the turkey cooker or the smoker out.
My outdoor fireplace is right behind the grille and that is where I
set up the smoker or turkey cooker. The smoke goes up the chimney and
out. If the turkey cooker did catch fire, it is in the fireplace. ;-)

Old October 8th 19, 10:30 PM posted to rec.boats

John H. wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Picture?

Cut the top off an old Costco gas BBQ, and built a top where the burner
area was. Welded the old side burner on to the wrong side of the unit.
Brain fart.