Old October 7th 19, 07:22 PM posted to rec.boats

Default Abortions in the cafeteria?

On Mon, 07 Oct 2019 07:00:16 -0400, John H.
wrote:

Is that what's next?

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/te...rental-consent

===

Don't you think that equating responsible birth control to abortion is
a bit inappropriate? I understand the issue with parental consent but
that is a complicated situation. What if the parents say no and the
16 y/o continues to have irresponsible sex which is the most likely
outcome? Pregnancy is not supposed to be a punishment for poor
behavior. We've already got more than enough 16 y/o mothers in my
opinion.

https://www.avg.com

Old October 7th 19, 09:26 PM posted to rec.boats

wrote:

Is that what's next?

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/te...rental-consent

===

Don't you think that equating responsible birth control to abortion is
a bit inappropriate? I understand the issue with parental consent but
that is a complicated situation. What if the parents say no and the
16 y/o continues to have irresponsible sex which is the most likely
outcome? Pregnancy is not supposed to be a punishment for poor
behavior. We've already got more than enough 16 y/o mothers in my
opinion.

There's no equating. The question was 'what next'. I would never have dreamed of this activity being
conducted by school nurses, with or without parental consent. If the parents say no, then the kid
can go to Planned Parenthood, or some other place with a damn doctor, and be taken care of
appropriately.

I know we disagree on abortion, but this school nurse inserting an IUD is ridiculous.
Old October 7th 19, 10:08 PM posted to rec.boats

wrote:

Is that what's next?

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/te...rental-consent

===

Don't you think that equating responsible birth control to abortion is
a bit inappropriate? I understand the issue with parental consent but
that is a complicated situation. What if the parents say no and the
16 y/o continues to have irresponsible sex which is the most likely
outcome? Pregnancy is not supposed to be a punishment for poor
behavior. We've already got more than enough 16 y/o mothers in my
opinion.

My biggest concern here is the qualification of the school "Nurse". Is
that really an RN or is it just an administrative position of the
school board. Even if (s)he is an RN, were they trained to implant
these devices?
The article makes it sound like it was done incorrectly.

I do tend to agree, forcing a 16 YO girl to have a baby ruins two
lives.
Old October 7th 19, 11:24 PM posted to rec.boats

wrote:

[...]

This was not an IUD, it was a chemical implant in the arm and a real
RN would be qualified to do that if they were "checked out" on the
procedure. For that matter most PAs and medical techs would be OK too
but that would be "under the supervision" of an MD/DO.
Unfortunately I have never actually seen the supervising MD at my PCP
and I have been going there over 2 years. I think it may be a "weekend
at Bernie's" thing.
Old October 8th 19, 01:05 AM posted to rec.boats

wrote:

[...]

Where does the 'forcing a 16 YO girl to have a baby' come from?

Did you read the article?

Old October 8th 19, 01:08 AM posted to rec.boats

wrote:

[...]

Oh, well, I suppose that's appropriate then.
Old October 8th 19, 02:19 AM posted to rec.boats

wrote:

[...]

She has been undoubtedly making the beast with two backs, so might as well
have birth control. Prevents abortions. But a school nurse implanting? I
don’t think so. And the laws letting minors okay major medical procedures,
but need a parents okay to get a antibiotic shot? Not right.