Old August 14th 19, 09:54 AM posted to rec.boats

Default First Case

The local sheriff was looking for a deputy, so Gomer – who was not exactly the sharpest nail in the bucket went in to try out for the job.

“Okay,” the sheriff drawled, “Gomer, what is 1 and 1?” “11” he replied.

The sheriff thought to himself, “That’s not what I meant, but he’s right.”

“What two days of the week start with the letter ‘T’?” “Today and tomorrow.”

He was again surprised that Gomer supplied a correct answer that he had never thought of himself.

“Now Gomer, listen carefully: Who killed Abraham Lincoln?” Gomer looked a little surprised, then thought really hard for a minute and finally admitted, “I don’t know.”

“Well, why don’t you go home and work on that one for a while?”

So, Gomer wandered over to the pool hall where his pals were waiting to hear the results of the interview. Gomer was exultant.

“It went great! The first day on the job and I’m already working on a murder case!”

In case you just want to get away.... MMC General 0 January 29th 11 03:25 PM
Just in Case hk General 1 August 29th 08 02:02 PM
Yet Another Tragic Case...... Chuck Gould General 206 December 4th 07 02:07 PM
In case you ever need to know this ... Joe Blizzard General 7 September 29th 04 11:25 PM
The case for Bush is the case against him Jim General 4 March 7th 04 07:38 PM