Old June 11th 19, 12:00 AM posted to rec.boats

Default More bad dog news.

This afternoon I took Koko to the vet for a drop off in the hopes the vet gets a chance to look at
her sometime today. While doing a short-leash walk in back yard, she made a step and then lifted her
left rear leg in the same manner she did with the right leg when the patella slipped to the side.
When I tried to touch the left leg she yelped. She was carrying all her weight on the right leg
(which had just been operated on) and was in a lot of pain. I tried to pick her up to carry her into
the house, but she yelped loudly. She just looked at me with eyes saying, "I really hurt, what can
you do?" After standing there with her for a bit, she started walking, very tentatively, towards the
house. After a few yards she was again walking normally on the left leg and limping on the right. My
fear is that the patella on the left leg slipped out of socket and then went back. Haven't heard
back from the vet yet. Hope she just stepped on something sharp and I'm being paranoid!

Later: Got a call from the surgeon. Worst fears realized. Her left kneecap is also shifting out of
socket. She undergoes her second bout of surgery tomorrow on the right knee. If the left knee shifts
out again during the next few weeks, I don't know what I'll do.

Old June 11th 19, 01:04 AM posted to rec.boats

John H. wrote:
[...]

Sorry to read this, John. I hope all goes well!

Old June 11th 19, 01:53 AM posted to rec.boats

On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 19:00:02 -0400, John H.
wrote:

[...]

These things are always tough to deal with. We will be thinking about
Koko.