BoatBanter.com

-   -   Misunderstandings concerning JD Powers (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/1824-misunderstandings-concerning-jd-powers.html)

del cecchi November 5th 03 03:13 AM

Misunderstandings concerning JD Powers

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 16:42:48 GMT, "Spam Me Please"
wrote:

JD Powers serves are a reflection of
the consumers perception of the product. If the company does not

purchase
the survey, they don't get ranked. JD Powers does not need to bias

the
survey to be able to sell their service.

You know, I had always thought that JD Powers was a pretty good source
for unbiased information until I read your statements:

"This is a perfect example of someone reviewing a product or service
without any knowledge of the product being sold.JD Powers serves are a
reflection of the consumers perception of the product. If the company
does not purchase the survey, they don't get ranked. JD Powers does
not need to bias the survey to be able to sell their service."

Are you saying:

If the company doesn't purchase the survey, they don't get ranked?...
And that JD Powers can sell rankings to companies no matter how bad
the results are????

Do I understand this correctly?

If so....Hell, now *I* don't even know what the "product" is... it
seems clear though, that (1) bad reviews aren't salable and (2) the
very best company(ies) won't be reviewed if they don't ante up.

If this makes sense to you, do you think this could streamline the
election process? No hanging chads, they just wouldn't be marketable
and if you lost the election you just wouldn't pay the campaign
debt....

This discussion reminds me of "push polling" techniques used in
politics. Certainly some media outlets and the parties use leading
questions to get the answers they want for advertising purposes.

del cecchi

-rick- November 5th 03 05:24 AM

Misunderstandings concerning JD Powers

The only reason anyone would be willing to pay for the survey and
be willing to pay for the right to use the ad logo is because their
information is statistically accurate.

Or that it has been found to increase sales.