Old May 17th 19, 09:00 PM posted to rec.boats

Default New A/C capacitor

Installed today, at no charge, by Mr. Kim. He checks out the A/C system and replaces the filter.
Wants only $40 for the filter. No more. So I tell him, "You charge what you want, I pay what I
want."

His daughter is a junior at George Washington U. For some reason, the in-state colleges were not
good enough for her. So he's paying $70K rather than $26K for Virginia Tech. Unreal.

Old May 17th 19, 11:01 PM posted to rec.boats

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 4:00:44 PM UTC-4, John H wrote:
Installed today, at no charge, by Mr. Kim. He checks out the A/C system and replaces the filter.
Wants only $40 for the filter. No more. So I tell him, "You charge what you want, I pay what I
want."

His daughter is a junior at George Washington U. For some reason, the in-state colleges were not
good enough for her. So he's paying $70K rather than $26K for Virginia Tech. Unreal.

That's why he's charging $40 for a $3 filter.
Old May 18th 19, 12:50 AM posted to rec.boats

On Fri, 17 May 2019 15:01:25 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote:

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 4:00:44 PM UTC-4, John H wrote:
Installed today, at no charge, by Mr. Kim. He checks out the A/C system and replaces the filter.
Wants only $40 for the filter. No more. So I tell him, "You charge what you want, I pay what I
want."

His daughter is a junior at George Washington U. For some reason, the in-state colleges were not
good enough for her. So he's paying $70K rather than $26K for Virginia Tech. Unreal.

That's why he's charging $40 for a $3 filter.

It's this filter:

https://www.amazon.com/Aprilaire-213...s%2C125&sr=1-3

And he's selling it to me cheaper than I could buy it on Amazon.
Old May 18th 19, 12:56 AM posted to rec.boats

wrote:

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 4:00:44 PM UTC-4, John H wrote:
Installed today, at no charge, by Mr. Kim. He checks out the A/C system and replaces the filter.
Wants only $40 for the filter. No more. So I tell him, "You charge what you want, I pay what I
want."

His daughter is a junior at George Washington U. For some reason, the in-state colleges were not
good enough for her. So he's paying $70K rather than $26K for Virginia Tech. Unreal.

That's why he's charging $40 for a $3 filter.

It is probably one of those pleated paper "Space Guard" type filters.
List on them is more like $50-60. They used to be more than that.
Old May 18th 19, 01:09 AM posted to rec.boats

On Fri, 17 May 2019 19:50:47 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Fri, 17 May 2019 15:01:25 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote:

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 4:00:44 PM UTC-4, John H wrote:
Installed today, at no charge, by Mr. Kim. He checks out the A/C system and replaces the filter.
Wants only $40 for the filter. No more. So I tell him, "You charge what you want, I pay what I
want."

His daughter is a junior at George Washington U. For some reason, the in-state colleges were not
good enough for her. So he's paying $70K rather than $26K for Virginia Tech. Unreal.

That's why he's charging $40 for a $3 filter.

It's this filter:

https://www.amazon.com/Aprilaire-213...s%2C125&sr=1-3

And he's selling it to me cheaper than I could buy it on Amazon.

I found them a lot cheaper than Amazon too. I had to buy 5 tho. I
think they were $18 or so buying 5. They don't go bad on the shelf so
I am fixed for a while ;-)
Old May 18th 19, 02:08 AM posted to rec.boats

On Fri, 17 May 2019 16:00:43 -0400, John H.
wrote:

Installed today, at no charge, by Mr. Kim. He checks out the A/C system and replaces the filter.
Wants only $40 for the filter. No more. So I tell him, "You charge what you want, I pay what I
want."

His daughter is a junior at George Washington U. For some reason, the in-state colleges were not
good enough for her. So he's paying $70K rather than $26K for Virginia Tech. Unreal.

===

Good for him. I'm a strong breliever in having your kids go to the
best possible school that they can get accepted at. It's more than
just the education, but also the whole experience of getting exposed
to kids from many different backgrounds. We sacrificed a lot to send
our sons to first rate private colleges and we're very proud that
they've succeeded so well, gone on to put themselves through graduate
school, and established great careers.
Old May 18th 19, 02:15 PM posted to rec.boats

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 7:50:47 PM UTC-4, John H wrote:
On Fri, 17 May 2019 15:01:25 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote:

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 4:00:44 PM UTC-4, John H wrote:
Installed today, at no charge, by Mr. Kim. He checks out the A/C system and replaces the filter.
Wants only $40 for the filter. No more. So I tell him, "You charge what you want, I pay what I
want."

His daughter is a junior at George Washington U. For some reason, the in-state colleges were not
good enough for her. So he's paying $70K rather than $26K for Virginia Tech. Unreal.

That's why he's charging $40 for a $3 filter.

It's this filter:

https://www.amazon.com/Aprilaire-213...s%2C125&sr=1-3

And he's selling it to me cheaper than I could buy it on Amazon.

Ah. I read your statement as if you weren't paying him that much any more.

As Greg said, Amazon isn't usually the cheapest but they are convenient.
Old May 18th 19, 03:44 PM posted to rec.boats

wrote:

[...]

I'll let him do it. That way I get an A/C check every time I change the filter. I couldn't see the
5-pack on Amazon, although they did sell a 6-pack for $263.95, which is more than they charge for
single filters. Amazon gets weird sometimes.

Where did you get such a bargain?