Old May 16th 19, 09:25 PM posted to rec.boats

Default The World at War

A neighbor loaned me the set. I'm only about halfway through the second of nine discs. Germany has
just attacked Russia.

This is great, better than 'World War II in Color'.

https://www.amazon.com/World-at-War-.../dp/B0002F6AH0

It's on the expensive side, but maybe can be borrowed from someone, or the library. Some of the
episodes are on You Tube.

Great Stuff.

Old May 17th 19, 02:03 AM posted to rec.boats

On Thu, 16 May 2019 16:25:52 -0400, John H.
wrote:

A neighbor loaned me the set. I'm only about halfway through the second of nine discs. Germany has
just attacked Russia.

This is great, better than 'World War II in Color'.

https://www.amazon.com/World-at-War-.../dp/B0002F6AH0

It's on the expensive side, but maybe can be borrowed from someone, or the library. Some of the
episodes are on You Tube.

Great Stuff.

Yup that is a great show. They are still using a lot of footage we see
in all the other shows but the oration is superb. These are really
almost as good as a radio show as a TV show.
The DVD set is on Ebay for $12-50 depending on if it is still shrink
wrapped. I don't mind "previewed". ;-)
Old May 17th 19, 10:40 AM posted to rec.boats

wrote:

A neighbor loaned me the set. I'm only about halfway through the second of nine discs. Germany has
just attacked Russia.

This is great, better than 'World War II in Color'.

https://www.amazon.com/World-at-War-.../dp/B0002F6AH0

It's on the expensive side, but maybe can be borrowed from someone, or the library. Some of the
episodes are on You Tube.

Great Stuff.

Yup that is a great show. They are still using a lot of footage we see
in all the other shows but the oration is superb. These are really
almost as good as a radio show as a TV show.
The DVD set is on Ebay for $12-50 depending on if it is still shrink
wrapped. I don't mind "previewed". ;-)

I am surprised at how much footage I *haven't* seen from other shows. And I've not seen anything
duplicated yet, as was often the case in 'World War II in Color'. Save up for a few months and buy
one of those from Ebay, or have you seen the whole thing already? My wife's away for the weekend, so
I'll just binge for the 20 hours!

Sad world Mr. Luddite General 102 September 13th 14 11:48 PM
7 y/o to attempt world's youngest round-the-world sailing record Frank D'Arcy General 1 June 19th 10 08:32 PM
Where in the world is SW TOM? HK General 46 October 21st 07 01:39 AM
Cruising World/Sailing World Hoges in WA Cruising 6 September 7th 04 10:47 PM
The best NG in the world! The_navigator© ASA 141 August 15th 03 02:01 AM