Old May 15th 19, 12:50 PM posted to rec.boats

Default Boyfriend Loophole?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1SL13X

Senator Harris promises to 'close the boyfriend loophole'. This would probably cut down on the guns
purchased by the girls to give their boyfriends. That would cut way back on the guns being imported
into Chicago.

But, I wonder how she'd do it? Background checks don't ask for boyfriend names...yet.

Old May 15th 19, 01:34 PM posted to rec.boats

On 5/15/2019 7:50 AM, John H. wrote:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1SL13X

Senator Harris promises to 'close the boyfriend loophole'. This would probably cut down on the guns
purchased by the girls to give their boyfriends. That would cut way back on the guns being imported
into Chicago.

But, I wonder how she'd do it? Background checks don't ask for boyfriend names...yet.

Each of the (now 22?) announced Democrat candidates are already
competing with each other to get media coverage. They are
trying desperately to make "announcements" that they think will
appease their respective bases and make news. Funny to watch.

Even Beto, who's rising, bright star seems to have flickered out
has "re-announced" his candidacy by apologizing for everything he said
previously, just to get some coverage.

Ol' Biden is still living in the 1960's and doesn't see China as
a serious economic competitor to the USA or a potential military threat.

I also got a big kick out of the media coverage of Trump's plans
to send 150,000 troops to fight Iran. He never said that.
The Pentagon and DOD has the responsibility of continuously
updating options and plans for virtually any threat contingency
that may arise anywhere on the planet. Been doing this for decades.

One of the multiple options should a major issue with Iran emerge is a
possible troop deployment. Somehow this was leaked to the media
and suddenly it's *the* plan Trump is going to exercise.

Nothing but bull****.

---
https://www.avg.com

Old May 15th 19, 01:56 PM posted to rec.boats

John H. Wrote in message:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...N1SL13XSenator Harris promises to 'close the boyfriend loophole'. This would probably cut down on the gunspurchased by the girls to give their boyfriends. That would cut way back on the guns being importedinto Chicago.But, I wonder how she'd do it? Background checks don't ask for boyfriend names...yet.

Those dummies just write the silly laws. They don't give a ****
how or whether they are enforced. But they sure do help keep
their brother lawyers, big pharma, and big business at the top of
the food chain.
--
..

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old May 15th 19, 02:48 PM posted to rec.boats

On Wed, 15 May 2019 08:34:12 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

[...]

Need I say it again?

https://www.reuters.com/

From reading your post, I can use my study of psychology (which I minored in, BTW) to deduce that
the TV news is having a negative effect on your disposition.

It's a good thing the TV news hasn't discovered that we have plans for the use of nuclear weapons in
all kinds of contingencies.
Old May 15th 19, 02:50 PM posted to rec.boats

On Wed, 15 May 2019 08:56:06 -0400 (EDT), Justan Ohlphart wrote:

John H. Wrote in message:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...N1SL13XSenator Harris promises to 'close the boyfriend loophole'. This would probably cut down on the gunspurchased by the girls to give their boyfriends. That would cut way back on the guns being importedinto Chicago.But, I wonder how she'd do it? Background checks don't ask for boyfriend names...yet.

Those dummies just write the silly laws. They don't give a ****
how or whether they are enforced. But they sure do help keep
their brother lawyers, big pharma, and big business at the top of
the food chain.

Just like the traffic laws on I-95. No enforcement.

I really would like to know how she could stop the 'boyfriend loophole'.

Old May 17th 19, 03:57 AM posted to rec.boats

John H. Wrote in message:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...N1SL13XSenator Harris promises to 'close the boyfriend loophole'. This would probably cut down on the gunspurchased by the girls to give their boyfriends. That would cut way back on the guns being importedinto Chicago.But, I wonder how she'd do it? Background checks don't ask for boyfriend names...yet.

Those dummies just write the silly laws. They don't give a ****
how or whether they are enforced. But they sure do help keep
their brother lawyers, big pharma, and big business at the top of
the food chain.

Just like the traffic laws on I-95. No enforcement.

I really would like to know how she could stop the 'boyfriend loophole'.

Sounds like a "cute" way of saying you want to make private transactions
illegal. Such a law would also make it illegal for, say, a father to
give his hunting rifle to his son when he comes of age to start hunting.

Old May 17th 19, 10:44 AM posted to rec.boats

John H. Wrote in message:
[...]

Requiring a background check for that is already being discussed by the liberals. If they pass such
a requirement for any gun transaction, giving, selling, loaning, etc, they better come up with
prevention for the 'it was stolen' loophole.
Old May 17th 19, 01:35 PM posted to rec.boats

John H. Wrote in message:
[...]

The "it was stolen" loophole was closed in the 60s with NCIC and GCA
68. You are required to report stolen guns and they will be in the
NCIC database. Once a gun was used in a crime your "It was stolen"
defense starts looking pretty shaky if you didn't report it. Even in a
gun friendly state like Florida you still might be charged if it was
not "stored properly" particularly if a kid took it.
All that said we still have guns stolen from cars all the time,
including cop cars and the owner is never charged.
Old May 17th 19, 08:04 PM posted to rec.boats

John H. Wrote in message:
[...]

So girlfriend buys gun, gives it to boyfriend, and calls cops to report a stolen gun.

QED
Old May 17th 19, 10:26 PM posted to rec.boats

John H. Wrote in message:
[...]

Guy gets found with the gun but nothing else is wrong, the gun pops as
stolen and he gets arrested for receiving stolen property.
At least that is the way it is supposed to work. Unfortunately gun
charges are usually the first thing dealt away in a criminal
prosecution and the plea bargain.