Old May 14th 19, 04:31 PM posted to rec.boats

Default A little golf joke

The Pope met with his Cardinals to discuss a proposal from Benjamin Netanyahu, the leader of
Israel.

"Your Holiness", said one of his Cardinals, “Mr Netanyahu wants to challenge you to a game of golf
to show the friendship and ecumenical spirit shared by the Jewish and Catholic faiths.”

The Pope thought this was a good idea, but he had never held a golf club in his hand.

“Don’t we have a Cardinal to represent me?", he asked.

"None that plays very well," a Cardinal replied. "But, there’s a man
named Jack Nicklaus, an American golfer who is a devout Catholic. We can offer to make him a
Cardinal. Then ask him to play Mr Netanyahu as your personal representative. In addition to showing
our spirit of cooperation, we’ll also win the match.”

Everyone agreed it was a good idea.

The call was made. Of course, Nicklaus was honored and agreed to play.

The day after the match, Nicklaus reported to the Vatican to inform the Pope of the result. “I have
some good news and some bad news, your Holiness,"said Nicklaus.

“Tell me the good news first, Cardinal Nicklaus," said the Pope.

“Well, your Holiness, I don’t like to brag, but even though I’ve played some pretty terrific rounds
of golf in my life, this was the
best I have ever played, by far. I must have been inspired from above.
My drives were long and true, my irons were accurate and purposeful, and my putting was perfect.
With all due respect, my play was truly miraculous.”

“There’s bad news?" asked the Pope.

“Yes, I lost by two strokes to Rabbi Tiger Woods.

Yet Another Golf Joke Wayne.B General 0 August 21st 18 05:32 PM
On golf... Poco Deplorevole General 5 February 23rd 17 04:46 AM
golf joke for john Califbill General 1 November 23rd 15 01:04 AM
New golf hat... John H[_2_] General 2 August 21st 13 09:04 PM
an actual golf joke nom=de=plume[_2_] General 0 August 18th 10 03:44 AM