Old April 16th 19, 07:02 PM posted to rec.boats

Default Very Cool Birthday Present

We have a new shooting range and firearms store in town called Shoot
Center. It's a very nice facility but I worry about their long term
financial viability. Traffic seems light considering the large size
and obviously high investment.

At any rate, I got an EMAIL from them on my birthday offering free 25
rounds on full automatic, choice of several different guns. I chose
the 9mm CZ EVO which I think is 'Airree's scary weapon of choice. The
rate of fire is something like 1100 rounds per minute which means that
a 25 round magazine is gone in no time at all if you hold the trigger
down. They strongly encourage you to aim low to account for muzzle
rise. It is a factor but didn't seem that bad to me. I fired several
rounds in semi-auto mode as a warm up, several three round bursts, and
then several longer bursts on full auto. It was a hoot but all over
in a flash. I was mostly on the paper at 10 yards but clearly had
room for improvement. They have something like 10 different fully
automatic guns that they rent out for about $100 per hour plus ammo,
and they'll allow you to share your hour with one or more friends.

---
https://www.avg.com

Old April 16th 19, 08:47 PM posted to rec.boats

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 14:02:05 -0400,
wrote:

[...]

The only time I ever did that was at IBM school in Atlanta. We went to
"The Bullet Stop" in Kennesaw and shot an assortment of guns. I don't
think they charged for the gun, just range time and ammo but they
still made a lot of money that day. One of my roomies was "Uzi this
and Uzi that" for a week or so when I told him if I could get an Uzi
for him to shoot would he STFU about it. He spent over $200 on 9mm
ammo. (in 1990).
Personally I thought the Uzi was a piece of crap and the owner gave me
an MP5. Now that is a machine gun. If you go back, try that one.
We also played with an Ingram/MAC 10, another piece of crap and some
other off brand 9mm sheet metal gun I didn't even try.
I wanted to try a Thompson but they didn't have one. They did have a
grease gun. Didn't do that one either.

cool Christmas present! Califbill General 6 January 12th 17 07:20 PM
BE - Présent PM\(ZTB\) Tall Ship Photos 0 January 14th 08 05:41 PM
My B'day present CalifBill General 7 June 20th 07 08:19 PM
My birthday present... John H. General 2 April 16th 07 01:32 PM
A Present for all of you katysails ASA 0 July 12th 03 02:12 PM