Default Snow

Hate it when a snow storm "over-delivers".

Two of them in as many days is unfair.
We have about 16 inches of the stuff
in some places.

---
https://www.avg.com

On 3/4/19 9:04 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Hate it when a snow storm "over-delivers".

Two of them in as many days is unfair.
We have about 16 inches of the stuff
in some places.

Ugh. We got a bit of rain yesterday, but no snow. Chilly here for the
next few days, but we don't have to dig ourselves out. Hopefully, the
snowy part of winter is over here, but no bets...I remember an April
snowstorm some years ago.
Tim Tim is offline

Mr. Luddite

Hate it when a snow storm "over-delivers".

Two of them in as many days is unfair.
We have about 16 inches of the stuff
in some places.

---
https://www.avg.com

1-3” slushy snow yesterday with breeze. Now it’s sinny and 5 above. Might hit 20 today...

On 3/4/2019 9:19 AM, Tim wrote:
Mr. Luddite

Hate it when a snow storm "over-delivers".

Two of them in as many days is unfair.
We have about 16 inches of the stuff
in some places.

---
https://www.avg.com

1-3” slushy snow yesterday with breeze. Now it’s sinny and 5 above. Might hit 20 today...

When we had the large house with the 1,000 ft driveways I decided one
year to invest in a plow for my F-250 thinking it would pay for itself
over a few years and be fun to boot.

The "fun" part didn't last long. Plowing can be a pain in the ass,
especially when there's a foot or more of it following several storms.
After a while you can't plow because there's no place to push the snow.
I'd have to fire up the JD tractor and move it around with the front
end loader.

Nice now. If there's a storm coming, I just stock up on coffee, food
and the essentials and watch out the window as the hired, younger guys
with trucks and plows do the driveway.

On Monday, 4 March 2019 10:04:03 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Hate it when a snow storm "over-delivers".

Two of them in as many days is unfair.
We have about 16 inches of the stuff
in some places.

---
https://www.avg.com

We're getting your 2nd storm right now...after just finishing the shovelling yesterday afternoon. Getting tiresome. I'd think about a nice little single stage Honda snowblower if the guy on the corner didn't have one. The French people next door have a blower also but he's already working in Montreal while his wife and kids finish our the school year here. Last month she did dig her snow blower out and seemed to enjoy playing with it. If I just stay in bed a while longer one or other of the neighbours usually clear my walkway and sometimes the driveway. haven't had the chance to use my little electric blower the last few years. :-)

On 3/4/2019 9:28 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/4/2019 9:19 AM, Tim wrote:
Mr. Luddite

[...]

From about 4-5 years ago:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2S2C8.jpg

After one storm the house and barn were featured on a Boston news
station report:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2S2Ci.jpg

and then there was me doing my thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiVbot4gxu4

On 3/4/19 9:28 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/4/2019 9:19 AM, Tim wrote:
Mr. Luddite

[...]

Ever been to Albany? The one winter I lived in the area, we had one huge
snowstorm after another. During one, a city or county dump truck with a
plow went down the hill on the main drag through downtown and slid right
into the Hudson River. Driver was rescued.

On 3/4/2019 9:45 AM, True North wrote:
[...]

I saw a couple of guys this morning trying to use under-powered gas
snowblowers in the wet, heavy snow of last night. Stuff barely made it
out of the snow chute.

On Monday, 4 March 2019 10:46:28 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/4/2019 9:28 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/4/2019 9:19 AM, Tim wrote:
Mr. Luddite

[...]

From about 4-5 years ago:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2S2C8.jpg

After one storm the house and barn were featured on a Boston news
station report:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2S2Ci.jpg

and then there was me doing my thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiVbot4gxu4

Was that the footage shown on ABCs The Chronicle when they did an item on Real Estate a couple years ago. Mrs E went international on that one.

On 3/4/2019 9:51 AM, True North wrote:
On Monday, 4 March 2019 10:46:28 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/4/2019 9:28 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/4/2019 9:19 AM, Tim wrote:
Mr. Luddite

[...]

From about 4-5 years ago:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2S2C8.jpg

After one storm the house and barn were featured on a Boston news
station report:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2S2Ci.jpg

and then there was me doing my thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiVbot4gxu4

Was that the footage shown on ABCs The Chronicle when they did an item on Real Estate a couple years ago. Mrs E went international on that one.

Yeah. We had put the house up for sale and they were doing a report
on the difficulty of selling in the winter months.

First snow Mr. Luddite General 4 November 12th 13 09:01 PM
OT For Sale; snow plows, snow blower, snow shovels Scotty ASA 0 February 15th 06 02:00 AM
How much (snow) did you get? Reggie Smithers General 0 February 13th 06 01:05 PM
How much (snow) did you get? [email protected] General 0 February 13th 06 12:57 PM
For you in the snow Bill McKee General 12 December 28th 05 04:07 AM