Tim Tim is offline

Default Anyone ever made pupusas?

John H
I'm thinking of giving them a shot using this recipe:

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/pupusas

Never had 'em before. But it might be time we all learn to enjoy 'south of the border' food.

I haven’t. It looks like a modified tor-tillo to me. Lol!

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 12:40:51 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

John H
I'm thinking of giving them a shot using this recipe:

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/pupusas

Never had 'em before. But it might be time we all learn to enjoy 'south of the border' food.

I haven’t. It looks like a modified tor-tillo to me. Lol!

I think a filling of cheese and chorizo would taste pretty good. I might spend the big bucks and get
a bag of the Masa stuff and give it a try.

wrote:

John H
I'm thinking of giving them a shot using this recipe:

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/pupusas

Never had 'em before. But it might be time we all learn to enjoy 'south of the border' food.

I haven’t. It looks like a modified tor-tillo to me. Lol!

It looks like a real quesadilla, (not the thing you get at Taco Bell)
except they are deep fried.
We had some in Mexico on a horse back riding adventure with lunch
included. We were riding through the woods with some gringo girl from
Nevada who wintered in Mexico and we came to a small shack in a
clearing. An old Mexican woman made these for us along with a tray of
fruits and stuff,
It was actually an interesting day getting the perspective of an
American who lived out in the boonies in Mexico hustling up a living.
One tip we got, always wipe off any bottle you are going to drink out
of, before and after opening it. They are filthy. Spill a little after
you open it and wipe again.
Since these things are usually hot as soon as you leave town, that is
not a problem, they will foam over.

John H. wrote:
On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 12:40:51 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

John H
I'm thinking of giving them a shot using this recipe:

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/pupusas

Never had 'em before. But it might be time we all learn to enjoy 'south
of the border' food.

I havenÂ’t. It looks like a modified tor-tillo to me. Lol!

I think a filling of cheese and chorizo would taste pretty good. I might
spend the big bucks and get
a bag of the Masa stuff and give it a try.

I do not care for Mexican chorizo. Get some Portuguese chorizo instead.
Much less greasy. Costco here sells Silva’s brand, but may not in east
coast. Is actually a local manufacturer to us.

wrote:

[...]

Papusas are not deep fried.

wrote:

[...]

Hence the "except" ;-)

wrote:

[...]

Deep fried is normally a chimichanga.

wrote:

[...]

Sorry, I thought the 'It' and the 'they' in that sentence both referred to papusas. I didn't know
quesadillas were deep fried either.

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 05:22:27 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

[...]

These things they called a quesadilla was a dough ball with stuff
inside, mostly cheese that they deep fried.

wrote:

[...]

That was a quesapusa. They're OK if you like lots of fat.

Anyone ever made pupusas? Bill[_12_] General 2 February 11th 19 09:41 PM
Made my day Mr. Luddite General 29 February 16th 15 02:33 AM
we made it! bpuharic General 5 January 3rd 12 02:38 AM
OT If only he'd made it... John H[_12_] General 38 January 19th 10 02:04 AM
who made it ? RB General 2 December 29th 05 12:23 AM