Default 114 MPH Pontoon Boat

One little wave at the wrong time could be a disaster...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j136TTyG_E8
Tim Tim is offline

8:04 PMAlex
One little wave at the wrong time could be a disaster...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j136TTyG_E8

Mines a 28’ 2-toon with a 115 Mercury. I think it’ll do a bit better than 1/10th that.

Tim wrote:
8:04 PMAlex
One little wave at the wrong time could be a disaster...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j136TTyG_E8

Mines a 28’ 2-toon with a 115 Mercury. I think it’ll do a bit better than 1/10th that.

As it should. You didn't buy a race boat.

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 21:04:23 -0500, Alex wrote:

One little wave at the wrong time could be a disaster...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j136TTyG_E8

That is a fairly old video and they have that LOTO shootout every
year. Somebody may have beat that record by now.
When I was at LOTO with Teamsters Joint Council 65 in 1960 there was a
guy there who was competitive with a 16 foot aluminum cat and twin
Merc 85s. It topped out at 55-60
Now any swinging dick on a lake anywhere is likely to have a 250 or
300 on a 16' bass boat that goes 70-80.
BTW just how fast are those bass anyway? ;-)

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 18:30:08 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

8:04 PMAlex
One little wave at the wrong time could be a disaster...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j136TTyG_E8

Mines a 28’ 2-toon with a 115 Mercury. I think it’ll do a bit better than 1/10th that.

My Harris does 22-23 with a 60 Merc or 70 Yamaha. (no real difference)

Tim Tim is offline

On Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 9:17:15 PM UTC-6, Alex wrote:
Tim wrote:
8:04 PMAlex
One little wave at the wrong time could be a disaster...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j136TTyG_E8

Mines a 28’ 2-toon with a 115 Mercury. I think it’ll do a bit better than 1/10th that.

As it should. You didn't buy a race boat.

correct. and I didn't pay anywhere close to a hundred thousand for it either. I've not GPS'd it but probably in the low 20's, is good for it. It's a flote, not fast...

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 21:04:23 -0500, Alex wrote:

One little wave at the wrong time could be a disaster...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j136TTyG_E8

Lake of the Ozarks was our playground when I was in high school in Sedalia.

You're right, wouldn't take much of a wake to flip that bugger.

What to look for in a used pontoon boat LdB[_2_] General 4 August 6th 11 08:08 AM
FIberglass on a Pontoon Boat [email protected] General 7 August 18th 06 07:59 AM
what prop for pontoon boat Rcpdrums General 2 July 7th 06 06:14 PM
FS: Pontoon Boat Glenn S. General 0 September 12th 04 06:02 PM
Why So Few Pontoon Boat Ads? Jay Chan General 32 August 4th 03 08:16 PM