Default The Pundits preach

Listening a while ago to some political pundits offering advice to
Donald Trump.

One was advising him to back off on the China tariffs because China
was unlikely to agree to much of anything.

The pundit's reasoning was that a stalemate in negotiations with
China could become a major problem for Trump's re-election goals
in 2020.

Made me realize why all these political "experts", both Republicans
and Democrats, don't understand where Trump is coming from. They
expect him to react like a typical politician. That's the problem.
He doesn't.

I think Trump would love to have a second term to complete his agenda
goals but I doubt very much he's going to shy away from any issue
that may negatively affect his re-election chances. He simply
doesn't think that way.

Maybe someday people will get it.

Mr. Luddite wrote:

[...]

That's not a bad thing and a statement for term limits. The political
divide is mostly centered on the lifetime politicians. We need more
people in congress that are there to work and not just make a career out
of it. The savings in benefits would be huge, too.