BoatBanter.com

-   -   Roy Clark... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/180715-roy-clark.html)

Keyser Soze November 15th 18 06:04 PM

Roy Clark...

Country star Roy Clark, the guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the
cornpone TV show "Hee Haw" for nearly a quarter century and was known
for such hits as "Yesterday When I was Young" and "Honeymoon Feeling,"
has died. He was 85.

Publicist Jeremy Westby said Clark died Thursday due to complications
from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Okla.

I never watched Hee Haw, but I did enjoy Clark's virtuosity on stringed
instruments and some of the songs he performed. He was an original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4...LxORC eo&t=16

Mr. Luddite[_4_] November 15th 18 06:21 PM

Roy Clark...

On 11/15/2018 1:04 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
Country star Roy Clark, the guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the
cornpone TV show "Hee Haw" for nearly a quarter century and was known
for such hits as "Yesterday When I was Young" and "Honeymoon Feeling,"
has died. He was 85.

Publicist Jeremy Westby said Clark died Thursday due to complications
from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Okla.

I never watched Hee Haw, but I did enjoy Clark's virtuosity on stringed
instruments and some of the songs he performed. He was an original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4...LxORC eo&t=16

He was incredibly talented on the guitar and banjo.

John H.[_5_] November 15th 18 07:00 PM

Roy Clark...

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 13:04:06 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

Country star Roy Clark, the guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the
cornpone TV show "Hee Haw" for nearly a quarter century and was known
for such hits as "Yesterday When I was Young" and "Honeymoon Feeling,"
has died. He was 85.

Publicist Jeremy Westby said Clark died Thursday due to complications
from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Okla.

I never watched Hee Haw, but I did enjoy Clark's virtuosity on stringed
instruments and some of the songs he performed. He was an original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4...LxORC eo&t=16

I'm sure "Hee Haw" was far too low-brow for one such as yourself.

It was a great show though!

Boating All Out November 15th 18 07:05 PM

Roy Clark...

In article ,
says...

Country star Roy Clark, the guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the
cornpone TV show "Hee Haw" for nearly a quarter century and was known
for such hits as "Yesterday When I was Young" and "Honeymoon Feeling,"
has died. He was 85.

Publicist Jeremy Westby said Clark died Thursday due to complications
from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Okla.

I never watched Hee Haw, but I did enjoy Clark's virtuosity on stringed
instruments and some of the songs he performed. He was an original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4...LxORC eo&t=16

Too bad. His version of that song is my favorite by far.

[email protected] November 15th 18 08:31 PM

Roy Clark...

wrote:

Country star Roy Clark, the guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the
cornpone TV show "Hee Haw" for nearly a quarter century and was known
for such hits as "Yesterday When I was Young" and "Honeymoon Feeling,"
has died. He was 85.

Publicist Jeremy Westby said Clark died Thursday due to complications
from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Okla.

I never watched Hee Haw, but I did enjoy Clark's virtuosity on stringed
instruments and some of the songs he performed. He was an original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4...LxORC eo&t=16

===

This one surprised me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFfB2JQmTCs&list=RDNEY4LxORCeo&index=5

---
https://www.avg.com

John H.[_5_] November 15th 18 08:37 PM

Roy Clark...

wrote:

Country star Roy Clark, the guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the
cornpone TV show "Hee Haw" for nearly a quarter century and was known
for such hits as "Yesterday When I was Young" and "Honeymoon Feeling,"
has died. He was 85.

Publicist Jeremy Westby said Clark died Thursday due to complications
from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Okla.

I never watched Hee Haw, but I did enjoy Clark's virtuosity on stringed
instruments and some of the songs he performed. He was an original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4...LxORC eo&t=16

===

This one surprised me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFfB2JQmTCs&list=RDNEY4LxORCeo&index=5

---
https://www.avg.com

Fantastic. Haven't seen anything like that at a Bluegrass festival!

Its Me November 16th 18 12:22 AM

Roy Clark...

wrote:

Country star Roy Clark, the guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the
cornpone TV show "Hee Haw" for nearly a quarter century and was known
for such hits as "Yesterday When I was Young" and "Honeymoon Feeling,"
has died. He was 85.

Publicist Jeremy Westby said Clark died Thursday due to complications
from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Okla.

I never watched Hee Haw, but I did enjoy Clark's virtuosity on stringed
instruments and some of the songs he performed. He was an original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4...LxORC eo&t=16

===

This one surprised me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFfB2JQmTCs&list=RDNEY4LxORCeo&index=5

Wow. All that comes to mind is... Da-yum. :)

Thanks for posting that link.

[email protected] November 16th 18 12:31 AM

Roy Clark...

wrote:

Country star Roy Clark, the guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the
cornpone TV show "Hee Haw" for nearly a quarter century and was known
for such hits as "Yesterday When I was Young" and "Honeymoon Feeling,"
has died. He was 85.

Publicist Jeremy Westby said Clark died Thursday due to complications
from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Okla.

I never watched Hee Haw, but I did enjoy Clark's virtuosity on stringed
instruments and some of the songs he performed. He was an original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4...LxORC eo&t=16

===

This one surprised me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFfB2JQmTCs&list=RDNEY4LxORCeo&index=5

---
https://www.avg.com

Fantastic. Haven't seen anything like that at a Bluegrass festival!

===

He definitely had a wide ranging talent.

[email protected] November 16th 18 12:37 AM

Roy Clark...

wrote:

Country star Roy Clark, the guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the
cornpone TV show "Hee Haw" for nearly a quarter century and was known
for such hits as "Yesterday When I was Young" and "Honeymoon Feeling,"
has died. He was 85.

Publicist Jeremy Westby said Clark died Thursday due to complications
from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Okla.

I never watched Hee Haw, but I did enjoy Clark's virtuosity on stringed
instruments and some of the songs he performed. He was an original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4...LxORC eo&t=16

He used to play at the Senate Inn in the early 50s (on Marboro Pike).
My sister was on stage with him a few times. In those days he was just
hustling up a living wherever he could and he was a local celebrity in
Coral Hills. I think the Senate Inn gig was how he got on the radio
and TV in DC. Jimmy Dean was also a regular at the Senate Inn along
with a bunch of other people who went on to bigger things.

[email protected] November 16th 18 01:05 AM

Roy Clark...

wrote:

[...]

He was an award winning Banjo player as a kid.