BoatBanter.com

-   -   Roy Clark... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/180715-roy-clark.html)

Keyser Soze November 15th 18 06:04 PM

Roy Clark...

Country star Roy Clark, the guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the
cornpone TV show "Hee Haw" for nearly a quarter century and was known
for such hits as "Yesterday When I was Young" and "Honeymoon Feeling,"
has died. He was 85.

Publicist Jeremy Westby said Clark died Thursday due to complications
from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Okla.

I never watched Hee Haw, but I did enjoy Clark's virtuosity on stringed
instruments and some of the songs he performed. He was an original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4...LxORC eo&t=16

Mr. Luddite[_4_] November 15th 18 06:21 PM

Roy Clark...

On 11/15/2018 1:04 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
Country star Roy Clark, the guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the
cornpone TV show "Hee Haw" for nearly a quarter century and was known
for such hits as "Yesterday When I was Young" and "Honeymoon Feeling,"
has died. He was 85.

Publicist Jeremy Westby said Clark died Thursday due to complications
from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Okla.

I never watched Hee Haw, but I did enjoy Clark's virtuosity on stringed
instruments and some of the songs he performed. He was an original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4...LxORC eo&t=16

He was incredibly talented on the guitar and banjo.

John H.[_5_] November 15th 18 07:00 PM

Roy Clark...

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 13:04:06 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

Country star Roy Clark, the guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the
cornpone TV show "Hee Haw" for nearly a quarter century and was known
for such hits as "Yesterday When I was Young" and "Honeymoon Feeling,"
has died. He was 85.

Publicist Jeremy Westby said Clark died Thursday due to complications
from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Okla.

I never watched Hee Haw, but I did enjoy Clark's virtuosity on stringed
instruments and some of the songs he performed. He was an original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4...LxORC eo&t=16

I'm sure "Hee Haw" was far too low-brow for one such as yourself.

It was a great show though!

Boating All Out November 15th 18 07:05 PM

Roy Clark...

In article ,
says...

Country star Roy Clark, the guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the
cornpone TV show "Hee Haw" for nearly a quarter century and was known
for such hits as "Yesterday When I was Young" and "Honeymoon Feeling,"
has died. He was 85.

Publicist Jeremy Westby said Clark died Thursday due to complications
from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Okla.

I never watched Hee Haw, but I did enjoy Clark's virtuosity on stringed
instruments and some of the songs he performed. He was an original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4...LxORC eo&t=16

Too bad. His version of that song is my favorite by far.

[email protected] November 15th 18 08:31 PM

Roy Clark...

wrote:

Country star Roy Clark, the guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the
cornpone TV show "Hee Haw" for nearly a quarter century and was known
for such hits as "Yesterday When I was Young" and "Honeymoon Feeling,"
has died. He was 85.

Publicist Jeremy Westby said Clark died Thursday due to complications
from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Okla.

I never watched Hee Haw, but I did enjoy Clark's virtuosity on stringed
instruments and some of the songs he performed. He was an original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4...LxORC eo&t=16

===

This one surprised me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFfB2JQmTCs&list=RDNEY4LxORCeo&index=5

---
https://www.avg.com

John H.[_5_] November 15th 18 08:37 PM

Roy Clark...

wrote:

Country star Roy Clark, the guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the
cornpone TV show "Hee Haw" for nearly a quarter century and was known
for such hits as "Yesterday When I was Young" and "Honeymoon Feeling,"
has died. He was 85.

Publicist Jeremy Westby said Clark died Thursday due to complications
from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Okla.

I never watched Hee Haw, but I did enjoy Clark's virtuosity on stringed
instruments and some of the songs he performed. He was an original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4...LxORC eo&t=16

===

This one surprised me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFfB2JQmTCs&list=RDNEY4LxORCeo&index=5

---
https://www.avg.com

Fantastic. Haven't seen anything like that at a Bluegrass festival!

Its Me November 16th 18 12:22 AM

Roy Clark...

wrote:

Country star Roy Clark, the guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the
cornpone TV show "Hee Haw" for nearly a quarter century and was known
for such hits as "Yesterday When I was Young" and "Honeymoon Feeling,"
has died. He was 85.

Publicist Jeremy Westby said Clark died Thursday due to complications
from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Okla.

I never watched Hee Haw, but I did enjoy Clark's virtuosity on stringed
instruments and some of the songs he performed. He was an original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4...LxORC eo&t=16

===

This one surprised me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFfB2JQmTCs&list=RDNEY4LxORCeo&index=5

Wow. All that comes to mind is... Da-yum. :)

Thanks for posting that link.

[email protected] November 16th 18 12:31 AM

Roy Clark...

wrote:

Country star Roy Clark, the guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the
cornpone TV show "Hee Haw" for nearly a quarter century and was known
for such hits as "Yesterday When I was Young" and "Honeymoon Feeling,"
has died. He was 85.

Publicist Jeremy Westby said Clark died Thursday due to complications
from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Okla.

I never watched Hee Haw, but I did enjoy Clark's virtuosity on stringed
instruments and some of the songs he performed. He was an original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4...LxORC eo&t=16

===

This one surprised me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFfB2JQmTCs&list=RDNEY4LxORCeo&index=5

---
https://www.avg.com

Fantastic. Haven't seen anything like that at a Bluegrass festival!

===

He definitely had a wide ranging talent.

[email protected] November 16th 18 12:37 AM

Roy Clark...

wrote:

Country star Roy Clark, the guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the
cornpone TV show "Hee Haw" for nearly a quarter century and was known
for such hits as "Yesterday When I was Young" and "Honeymoon Feeling,"
has died. He was 85.

Publicist Jeremy Westby said Clark died Thursday due to complications
from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Okla.

I never watched Hee Haw, but I did enjoy Clark's virtuosity on stringed
instruments and some of the songs he performed. He was an original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4...LxORC eo&t=16

He used to play at the Senate Inn in the early 50s (on Marboro Pike).
My sister was on stage with him a few times. In those days he was just
hustling up a living wherever he could and he was a local celebrity in
Coral Hills. I think the Senate Inn gig was how he got on the radio
and TV in DC. Jimmy Dean was also a regular at the Senate Inn along
with a bunch of other people who went on to bigger things.

[email protected] November 16th 18 01:05 AM

Roy Clark...

wrote:

[...]

He was an award winning Banjo player as a kid.

Tim November 16th 18 02:19 AM

Roy Clark...

wrote:

Country star Roy Clark, the guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the
cornpone TV show "Hee Haw" for nearly a quarter century and was known
for such hits as "Yesterday When I was Young" and "Honeymoon Feeling,"
has died. He was 85.

Publicist Jeremy Westby said Clark died Thursday due to complications
from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Okla.

I never watched Hee Haw, but I did enjoy Clark's virtuosity on stringed
instruments and some of the songs he performed. He was an original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4...LxORC eo&t=16

===

This one surprised me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFfB2JQmTCs&list=RDNEY4LxORCeo&index=5

Wow. All that comes to mind is... Da-yum. :)

Thanks for posting that link.

Not to steal Roys thunder, but people really don't know what talent Charo has when making her way around the guitar. Same piece Roy played...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmNPXqG6ovg