Tim Tim is offline

Default rec.boats

Eisboch
For the first time in over a year, I am receiving email requests
from former participants of this newsgroup asking to be removed
from the "Boats" of rec.boats website. The sited reason is the
recent upturn of hateful posts, and particularly the new *low* of
posting personal information of other members on the site.
For me, this newsgroup has been very enjoyable in the past, often
laced with humor that has had me belly laughing. Even some of the
off-topic threads have been interesting, thought provoking, some
boring, with lively exchanges of views. Nothing wrong with that in
my opinion.

Lately, the NG has become increasingly full of threats, foul mouthed
attacks and just plain stupidity.

I have spent many hours creating and maintaining the "Boats" of
rec.boats website. It has become known outside of the NG circle and
my name is associated with it.

If this idiotic trend in personal attacks, threats and posting of
phone numbers and addresses continues in the rec.boats newsgroup,
I will be forced to close the site permanently.

Eisboch
And in 18 years, nothing has changed....
Tim Tim is offline

Don’t now how I messed this up. The thread was originally from 1/05/00

On 11/5/2018 7:32 AM, Tim wrote:

Don’t now how I messed this up. The thread was originally from 1/05/00

Figures. Bush had just been elected over Gore.

Some people have never recovered from it.

On 11/5/2018 7:25 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

That's an oldie but goodie. Bush had just been sworn in after Gore
lost. Been downhill since.

On 11/5/18 8:02 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 11/5/2018 7:32 AM, Tim wrote:

Don’t now how I messed this up. The thread was originally from 1/05/00

Figures.Â*Â* Bush had just been elected over Gore.

Some people have never recovered from it.

If memory serves, on 1 January 2000, the party primaries were still to
be held, the nominees hadn't been nominated, and the general elections
of 2000 were 10 months away.

On 11/5/18 8:04 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 11/5/2018 7:25 AM, Tim wrote:
Eisboch
For the first time in over a year, I am receiving email requests
from former participants of this newsgroup asking to be removed
from the "Boats" of rec.boats website.Â* The sited reason is the
[...]

That's an oldie but goodie.Â*Â*Â* Bush had just been sworn in after Gore
lost.Â* Been downhill since.

On the date Tim specified, Bush and Gore weren't even their party's
nominees. If the rancor was as bad as you recall, blame it on your
right-wing buddies, intent even then on driving out the few remaining
posters who didn't subscribe to their political views.
Tim Tim is offline

7:02 AMMr. Luddite
On 11/5/2018 7:32 AM, Tim wrote:

Don’t now how I messed this up. The thread was originally from 1/05/00

Figures. Bush had just been elected over Gore.

Some people have never recovered from it.

Very true.

On 11/5/2018 7:32 AM, Tim wrote:

Don’t now how I messed this up. The thread was originally from 1/05/00

Figures.Â*Â* Bush had just been elected over Gore.

Some people have never recovered from it.

If memory serves, on 1 January 2000, the party primaries were still to
be held, the nominees hadn't been nominated, and the general elections
of 2000 were 10 months away.

Yup. I was a year off.

On 11/5/2018 7:25 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

I had the date wrong. You knew that. Big deal. Still doesn't change
the point of my post and you made more noise about it than anyone here.

You still do.

That election marked the beginning of the decay of rec.boats as a
boating group and you are primarily the reason why.

On 11/5/2018 7:25 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

I had the date wrong.Â* You knew that.Â* Big deal.Â* Still doesn't change
the point of my post and you made more noise about it than anyone here.

You still do.

That election marked the beginning of the decay of rec.boats as a
boating group and you are primarily the reason why.

Yeah, right, that explains why all the moderate to left of center
regular posters here, with the exception of Don and me, have left, and
so many of the right-wingers have remained. You boys have a problem with
me because I simply refuse to accept your right-wing catechism, your
awful presidents and most of your awful presidential and vice
presidential candidates.