BoatBanter.com

-   -   Hey John. How was the camping? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/179705-hey-john-how-camping.html)

Tim July 23rd 18 02:36 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

Hope you didn’t get rained out too bad...

Keyser Soze July 23rd 18 02:38 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

On 7/23/18 9:36 AM, Tim wrote:
Hope you didn’t get rained out too bad...

Camping? Hahahahaha... Camping... :)

John H.[_5_] July 23rd 18 04:31 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 06:36:44 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

Hope you didnt get rained out too bad...

Nope, we had a great time. This was a rally for the Virginia Good Sam club held down at the Virginia
State Fairgrounds. There were about 85 RV's there. All the activities, bands, etc, were in the main
events building which is about as big as a 747 airplane hangar. So, we didn't have to spend much
time in the rain on Saturday. The other days were beautiful, and the ride back yesterday was very
nice, even though it was on I-95. Of course we left about 8:30 before the traffic had a chance to
get bad.

John H.[_5_] July 23rd 18 04:34 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 09:38:50 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 7/23/18 9:36 AM, Tim wrote:
Hope you didnt get rained out too bad...

Camping? Hahahahaha... Camping... :)

Yup, Tim, you were right!

Harry, your little buddy, DonnatheFool, has been talking of buying an RV. You better share your
opinion of those who camp in something other than a tent with him. As he wholeheartedly agrees with
everything you say, he'll undoubtedly save some money by buying a tent.

True North[_2_] July 23rd 18 04:52 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

John H

Yup, Tim, you were right!*

"Harry, your little buddy, DonnatheFool, has been talking of buying an RV. You better share your*
opinion of those who camp in something other than a tent with him. As he wholeheartedly agrees with*
everything you say, he'll undoubtedly save some money by buying a tent."

What are y'all blathering about, JohnnyMop?
I already own a tent that wraps around the open hatch of my Highlander,
If I buy anything it'll be a hard top tent trailer....not some oversized RV where you cart your own crap around with y'all.

[email protected] July 23rd 18 05:40 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

wrote:

On 7/23/18 9:36 AM, Tim wrote:
Hope you didn’t get rained out too bad...

Camping? Hahahahaha... Camping... :)

Weren't you just the guy who was telling us about the tour bus
dropping you at a Tent cabin?
http://www.denalihwy.com/images/tent...imberline3.jpg
It doesn't sound like you were back packing into the wilderness
either.

Keyser Soze July 23rd 18 06:16 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

wrote:

On 7/23/18 9:36 AM, Tim wrote:
Hope you didn’t get rained out too bad...

Camping? Hahahahaha... Camping... :)

Weren't you just the guy who was telling us about the tour bus
dropping you at a Tent cabin?
http://www.denalihwy.com/images/tent...imberline3.jpg
It doesn't sound like you were back packing into the wilderness
either.

To me, recalling my Boy Scout years and experiences in western Kansas,
eastern Colorado, and South Dakota, camping meant sleeping out under the
stars or in tent. It didn't require backpacking. Oh, and I don't recall
mentioning a tour bus...is that part of your fantasy? The tent we stayed
in was a tad smaller than the one in the photo you provided.

John H.[_5_] July 23rd 18 07:01 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 08:52:44 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

John H

Yup, Tim, you were right!*

"Harry, your little buddy, DonnatheFool, has been talking of buying an RV. You better share your*
opinion of those who camp in something other than a tent with him. As he wholeheartedly agrees with*
everything you say, he'll undoubtedly save some money by buying a tent."

What are y'all blathering about, JohnnyMop?
I already own a tent that wraps around the open hatch of my Highlander,
If I buy anything it'll be a hard top tent trailer....not some oversized RV where you cart your own crap around with y'all.

Well whose crap are you going to cart around with y'all? Someone else's crap? No potty, no stove, no
'fridge, no bed, no heater, no A/C...sounds like you're gonna really rough it!

Donna the Fool...comes through every time.

John H.[_5_] July 23rd 18 07:05 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

wrote:

On 7/23/18 9:36 AM, Tim wrote:
Hope you didnt get rained out too bad...

Camping? Hahahahaha... Camping... :)

Weren't you just the guy who was telling us about the tour bus
dropping you at a Tent cabin?
http://www.denalihwy.com/images/tent...imberline3.jpg
It doesn't sound like you were back packing into the wilderness
either.

To me, recalling my Boy Scout years and experiences in western Kansas,
eastern Colorado, and South Dakota, camping meant sleeping out under the
stars or in tent. It didn't require backpacking. Oh, and I don't recall
mentioning a tour bus...is that part of your fantasy? The tent we stayed
in was a tad smaller than the one in the photo you provided.

Wow, are you still living in your 'Boy Scout years'? You mean your troop never backpacked into the
woods and camped? Must have been a bunch of 'city boys', eh? Whose tent did you all stay in? The
troop leaders? You didn't even carry your own tent? Wow. Good thing you had an adult along, eh
Krause?

Tim July 23rd 18 07:18 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

12:16 PMKeyser Soze
To me, recalling my Boy Scout years and experiences in western Kansas,
eastern Colorado, and South Dakota, camping meant sleeping out under the
stars or in tent. It didn't require backpacking. Oh, and I don't recall
mentioning a tour bus...is that part of your fantasy? The tent we stayed
in was a tad smaller than the one in the photo you provided.

No transport and no pac? But yet you set up a tent? Sumpin just ain't right....

Tim July 23rd 18 07:20 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

Keyser Soze
To me, recalling my Boy Scout years and experiences in western Kansas,
eastern Colorado, and South Dakota, camping meant sleeping out under the
stars or in tent.

How old were you then, Harry. A boy scout newspaper editor? Hmmmm

Wayne.B July 23rd 18 08:08 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:20:41 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Keyser Soze
To me, recalling my Boy Scout years and experiences in western Kansas,
eastern Colorado, and South Dakota, camping meant sleeping out under the
stars or in tent.

How old were you then, Harry. A boy scout newspaper editor? Hmmmm

===

Sounds like Kamping 101 must have been a required course at Kansas
Klown Kollege.

Keyser Soze July 23rd 18 08:16 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

On 7/23/18 2:18 PM, Tim wrote:

12:16 PMKeyser Soze
To me, recalling my Boy Scout years and experiences in western Kansas,
eastern Colorado, and South Dakota, camping meant sleeping out under the
stars or in tent. It didn't require backpacking. Oh, and I don't recall
mentioning a tour bus...is that part of your fantasy? The tent we stayed
in was a tad smaller than the one in the photo you provided.

No transport and no pac? But yet you set up a tent? Sumpin just ain't right....

I had a duffel with my stuff. The scout leaders had the camping gear.
Setting up a pup tent was well within my abilities, though I appreciate
that you probably had to have help.

Keyser Soze July 23rd 18 08:20 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

On 7/23/18 2:20 PM, Tim wrote:
Keyser Soze
To me, recalling my Boy Scout years and experiences in western Kansas,
eastern Colorado, and South Dakota, camping meant sleeping out under the
stars or in tent.

How old were you then, Harry. A boy scout newspaper editor? Hmmmm

My recollection is that I was a cub scout at 7 or 8, a boy scout at 11,
and a sea scout at 14 or so. I had rural buddies when I lived in Kansas
and Missouri, and we did "camping light" a couple of times a year,
usually in western Kansas and we rode horses. I did a bit of that in
Kansas.

[email protected] July 23rd 18 08:28 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

wrote:

On 7/23/18 9:36 AM, Tim wrote:
Hope you didn’t get rained out too bad...

Camping? Hahahahaha... Camping... :)

Weren't you just the guy who was telling us about the tour bus
dropping you at a Tent cabin?
http://www.denalihwy.com/images/tent...imberline3.jpg
It doesn't sound like you were back packing into the wilderness
either.

To me, recalling my Boy Scout years and experiences in western Kansas,
eastern Colorado, and South Dakota, camping meant sleeping out under the
stars or in tent. It didn't require backpacking. Oh, and I don't recall
mentioning a tour bus...is that part of your fantasy? The tent we stayed
in was a tad smaller than the one in the photo you provided.

I didn't hear you say you rented a car so it was just a guess.

Tim July 23rd 18 08:36 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

Keyser Soze
On 7/23/18 2:18 PM, Tim wrote:

12:16 PMKeyser Soze
To me, recalling my Boy Scout years and experiences in western Kansas,
eastern Colorado, and South Dakota, camping meant sleeping out under the
stars or in tent. It didn't require backpacking. Oh, and I don't recall
mentioning a tour bus...is that part of your fantasy? The tent we stayed
in was a tad smaller than the one in the photo you provided.

No transport and no pac? But yet you set up a tent? Sumpin just ain't right....

I had a duffel with my stuff. The scout leaders had the camping gear.
Setting up a pup tent was well within my abilities, though I appreciate
that you probably had to have help.

Pup tent? Nothing magic to setting one up. I didn’t mess with one very much. The easiest that doesn’t require much help is to throw on a M-65 rain poncho and liner and lean up against a tree. Better than a pup tent ⛺️ In monsoon rains.

True North[_2_] July 23rd 18 08:43 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

ohn H

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 08:52:44 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:*

John H*
*
*
Yup, Tim, you were right!**
*
"Harry, your little buddy, DonnatheFool, has been talking of buying an RV. You better share your**
opinion of those who camp in something other than a tent with him. As he wholeheartedly agrees with**
everything you say, he'll undoubtedly save some money by buying a tent."*
*
*
What are y'all blathering about, JohnnyMop?*
I already own a tent that wraps around the open hatch of my Highlander,*
If I buy anything it'll be a hard top tent trailer....not some oversized RV where you cart your own crap around with y'all.*

"Well whose crap are you going to cart around with y'all? Someone else's crap? No potty, no stove, no*
'fridge, no bed, no heater, no A/C...sounds like you're gonna really rough it!*

Donna the Fool...comes through every time."*

Wow, JohnnyMop...are y'all really that stupid?
Y'all need to get your head out of your ample ass and go look at what's available in pop up campers these days. Y'all might be surprised.

Keyser Soze July 23rd 18 08:51 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

On 7/23/18 3:43 PM, True North wrote:
ohn H

[...]

All the nice hotels we stay in have a full bathroom, a microwave, a
refrigerator, usually, a kingsized bed, air conditioning, and endless
hot water for bathing. Oh, and no hillbilly music, no drunk RV'ers and
their bratty kids, no torrents of rain running through the walkways, et
cetera.

John H.[_5_] July 23rd 18 08:56 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 12:43:04 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

ohn H

[...]

Oh, so you *will* carry your own crap around with y'all?

Donna the Fool, comes through every time.

John H.[_5_] July 23rd 18 09:20 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 15:51:18 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

[...]

Apparently your hotel infatuation isn't shared by Donna the Fool, who has repeatedly discussed his
desire to buy a camper.

He must not wholeheartedly and unequivocally agree with you.

True North[_2_] July 23rd 18 09:28 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

The John flushes his head...

"Oh, so you *will* carry your own crap around with y'all?"*

Y'all are stupid in the head, JohnnyMop. (quoting a well known 'merican)
Campgrounds up here provide adequate washrooms....even for the likes of you and your bowl of turds.
Modern pop up trailers certainly have cabinets, some kind of stove and refrigeration plus air conditioning.

True North[_2_] July 23rd 18 09:32 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

John H

"Apparently your hotel infatuation isn't shared by Donna the Fool, who has repeatedly discussed his*
desire to buy a camper.*

He must not wholeheartedly and unequivocally agree with you."*

We have a dog to take with us, JohnnyMop. Not all hotels/motels welcome them. Besides...it would just be my luck that Justine or someone like her slept in the bed the night before. That gives me the willies.

John H.[_5_] July 23rd 18 09:38 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 13:28:50 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

The John flushes his head...

"Oh, so you *will* carry your own crap around with y'all?"*

Y'all are stupid in the head, JohnnyMop. (quoting a well known 'merican)
Campgrounds up here provide adequate washrooms....even for the likes of you and your bowl of turds.
Modern pop up trailers certainly have cabinets, some kind of stove and refrigeration plus air conditioning.

Gosh, weren't you telling us recently that your wife needed a large bathroom in the camper? With
cabinets, stove,refrigeration and air conditioning, you'll be carrying y'all's crap too, eh Donna
the Fool?

John H.[_5_] July 23rd 18 09:39 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 13:32:36 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

John H

"Apparently your hotel infatuation isn't shared by Donna the Fool, who has repeatedly discussed his*
desire to buy a camper.*

He must not wholeheartedly and unequivocally agree with you."*

We have a dog to take with us, JohnnyMop. Not all hotels/motels welcome them. Besides...it would just be my luck that Justine or someone like her slept in the bed the night before. That gives me the willies.

Apparently your buddy doesn't mind who or what slept in the bed before him. You reckon he gets the
willies also?

Tim July 23rd 18 09:42 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

1:05 PMJohn H
Wow, are you still living in your 'Boy Scout years'? You mean your troop never backpacked into the
woods and camped? Must have been a bunch of 'city boys', eh? Whose tent did you all stay in? The
troop leaders? You didn't even carry your own tent? Wow. Good thing you had an adult along, eh
Krause?

I never understood how carrying a duffle bag was easier than a backpack. Well I guess both are easy when there’s nothing in them...

[email protected] July 23rd 18 09:51 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

wrote:

[...]

Yeah I know what you mean. This was our suite at the Broadmoor in
Colorado Springs.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/colorado/br...ing%20room.jpg
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/colorado/br...%20bedroom.jpg

True North[_2_] July 23rd 18 09:52 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

The John flushes his head again...

"Gosh, weren't you telling us recently that your wife needed a large bathroom in the camper? With*
cabinets, stove,refrigeration and air conditioning, you'll be carrying y'all's crap too,"

Yeah...she insists on a bathroom but I'm not laying that cash out....especially with the exchange rate and possible new tariffs.
She'll have to lower her expectations or stay in a Motel.

[email protected] July 23rd 18 10:03 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 13:42:44 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

1:05 PMJohn H
Wow, are you still living in your 'Boy Scout years'? You mean your troop never backpacked into the
woods and camped? Must have been a bunch of 'city boys', eh? Whose tent did you all stay in? The
troop leaders? You didn't even carry your own tent? Wow. Good thing you had an adult along, eh
Krause?

I never understood how carrying a duffle bag was easier than a backpack. Well I guess both are easy when there’s nothing in them...

If you are just walking from the bus to the tent it might not be bad

John H.[_5_] July 23rd 18 10:06 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 13:52:33 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

The John flushes his head again...

"Gosh, weren't you telling us recently that your wife needed a large bathroom in the camper? With*
cabinets, stove,refrigeration and air conditioning, you'll be carrying y'all's crap too,"

Yeah...she insists on a bathroom but I'm not laying that cash out....especially with the exchange rate and possible new tariffs.
She'll have to lower her expectations or stay in a Motel.

And then you get to sleep where 'who knows' has slept, *and* sit on a toilet that may have been
occupied by 'who knows'!

You, Donna, made this comment: " If I buy anything it'll be a hard top tent trailer....not some
oversized RV where you cart your own crap around with y'all."

My question would be, what 'crap' do I cart around that you would not be carting around?

Perhaps that question's a bit too hard to answer?

John H.[_5_] July 23rd 18 10:08 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 13:42:44 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

1:05 PMJohn H
Wow, are you still living in your 'Boy Scout years'? You mean your troop never backpacked into the
woods and camped? Must have been a bunch of 'city boys', eh? Whose tent did you all stay in? The
troop leaders? You didn't even carry your own tent? Wow. Good thing you had an adult along, eh
Krause?

I never understood how carrying a duffle bag was easier than a backpack. Well I guess both are easy when theres nothing in them...

LOL! Yup, sounds like the scout master did everything.

John H.[_5_] July 23rd 18 10:10 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 17:03:34 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 13:42:44 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

1:05 PMJohn H
Wow, are you still living in your 'Boy Scout years'? You mean your troop never backpacked into the
woods and camped? Must have been a bunch of 'city boys', eh? Whose tent did you all stay in? The
troop leaders? You didn't even carry your own tent? Wow. Good thing you had an adult along, eh
Krause?

I never understood how carrying a duffle bag was easier than a backpack. Well I guess both are easy when theres nothing in them...

If you are just walking from the bus to the tent it might not be bad

Yeah, but he's done that in Kansas, Colorado, South Dakota, and, recently added, Missouri. That boy
has gotten around. Wonder if he camped on either of his trips 'around the Horn'?

Alex[_15_] July 24th 18 01:11 AM

Hey John. How was the camping?

wrote:

[...]

Fat Harry just attacked Dumb Don! I'm still surprised he game him a
pass on the Bayliner mistake.

John H.[_5_] July 24th 18 01:18 AM

Hey John. How was the camping?

wrote:

[...]

I think Donna has given up in this thread. His foolishness caught him again, and I don't think he
wholeheartedly agrees with Harry's denigration of camping.

I'm still awaiting his response to:

Bill[_12_] July 24th 18 02:05 AM

Hey John. How was the camping?

True North wrote:
ohn H

[...]

Pain in the ass in the rain. Best is a Chalet.

justan July 24th 18 05:17 AM

Hey John. How was the camping?

True North Wrote in message:
John H

"Apparently your hotel infatuation isn't shared by Donna the Fool, who has repeatedly discussed his
desire to buy a camper.

He must not wholeheartedly and unequivocally agree with you."

We have a dog to take with us, JohnnyMop. Not all hotels/motels welcome them. Besides...it would just be my luck that Justine or someone like her slept in the bed the night before. That gives me the willies.

Justin hasn't slept in a hotel room in a long time and has never
slept in a pop up tent. My guess is that your wife wouldn't enjoy
those accomodations either. Tenting is mostly for kids and young
families.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

True North[_2_] July 24th 18 01:25 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

Justine giggles...

"Justin hasn't slept in a hotel room in a long time *and has never*
*slept in a pop up tent. My guess is that your wife wouldn't enjoy*
* those accomodations either. Tenting is mostly for kids and young*
*families."

Do you know what a pop up hardtop tent trailer is?
Y'all make me worried for the future of 'merican.

John H.[_5_] July 24th 18 02:06 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 05:25:25 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Justine giggles...

"Justin hasn't slept in a hotel room in a long time *and has never*
*slept in a pop up tent. My guess is that your wife wouldn't enjoy*
* those accomodations either. Tenting is mostly for kids and young*
*families."

Do you know what a pop up hardtop tent trailer is?
Y'all make me worried for the future of 'merican.

This American is who suggested a pop up to you several months ago. You whined that your wife would
need a big potty. Your pop up may come equipped with one of these:

https://images.homedepot-static.com/...50-64_1000.jpg

That should be big enough for most folks. Of course, you'd have to sleep with your crap in the same
room!

True North[_2_] July 24th 18 02:23 PM

Hey John. How was the camping?

John H

https://images.homedepot-static.com/...-64_1000.jpg*

That should be big enough for most folks. Of course, you'd have to sleep with your crap in the same*
room!"

Had one of those on my mini cruiser sailboat. Don't think I ever used it.
Thanks for educating Justine....she seemed to be confused.