Default The sinking ship?

Tim wrote:

1:36 PMKeyser Soze
I've been in many parts of Illinois on various campaigns going back to
the 1970s. The part of the state bordering "the lake" is nice. What are
the other beautiful parts of Illinois? Joliet, East St. Louis? Kankakee?

(That's a rhetorical question)

To you those places probably would be attractive. . They’re big welfare towns.

Irony, Tim...irony. I’ve been to each of those cities. I have to admit,
though, that indiana is worse.

--
Posted with my iPhone 8+.
Tim Tim is offline

2:00 PMKeyser Söze
Irony, Tim...irony. I’ve been to each of those cities. I have to admit,
though, that indiana is worse.

--
Posted with my iPhone 8+.

Odd, people and businesses are leaving Illinois for Indiana (and surrounding states) because Indiana has a better economy and lower taxes not counting jobs.

Harry, you like joblessness, poor economy, and higher taxes?

On Thu, 5 Jul 2018 12:41:29 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 7/5/18 12:28 PM, Bill wrote:
wrote:
On Thu, 5 Jul 2018 10:53:52 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 7/5/18 10:21 AM, Tim wrote:
https://www.trigtent.com/usa/dnc-str...urce=Tabo ola

From NBC even. Looks like it might be 8 years of Trump.

Feel the love...

I know how disappointed you'll not be if that piece of **** Trump wins,
but...

Offhand, I see a number of possibilities that will interfere with his
re-election, assuming he hasn't quit or been impeached or imprisoned, or
fallen over dead from a stroke. Any of these possibilities would put a
smile on my face and on the faces of a majority of 'Merikkkans.

Elizabeth Warren
DOA in flyover America

Joe Biden
Too Old

Cory Booker
I like him but he may be "too black"

Kamala Harris
Kirsten Gillibrand
Deval Patrick
Sherrod Brown
Mitch Landrieu
Steve Bullock

Have the "who" problem
Bernie ain't on my list, and he isn't going to be on the list of most
Dems, either.

Bernie may not even be alive in 2020

Now, I still think Mueller won't indict Trump, not because he doesn't
deserve it, but because of possible legalities that have nothing to do
with Trump's crimes. But Mueller might indict him. More likely, he'll
name Trump as an unindicted conspirator. Plus, it certainly looks like a
number of Trump's foreign policy blunders and domestic bull****tings are
going to bite him in the ass. It looks as if the North Koreans ate his
lunch and Putin will likely empty his refrigerator. Trump's trade
****ups are going to hurt his base, big time. Hey, they bought him...let
them pay for him, eh?

My bet is nothing but rumor and innuendo comes out of this. So far all
they have found is totally unrelated financial irregularities by
people Trump knows. The Russia thing does not really seem to involve
Trump all that much.

Who knows, you might get 60 cents a pound for that aluminum pontoon of
yours, when your Flyoverville economy tanks.

Tim has a skill set that is more valuable is a bad economy than a good
one. People who can fix things will always be in demand when people
can't just buy a new one.

Flyoverville supplies the nations food. They liberal areas may have a
problem paying for the food, when the economy tanks. But those blue
collar workers know how to survive,

When Trump's economy tanks and he's sold us and their farming and
manufacturing jobs out to his insane tariffs, we'll be sending care
packages of Chinese-produced food to the flyover states.

You seem to have that formula upside down. When supply overwhelms
demand prices drop. Food is a glut on the market. I assume if it ever
gets that bad, the government will buy up the surplus and give it away
like they did in the 80s.
Maybe if SNAP was actual food and not just a debit card we might make
a dent in the $4 billion fraud rate it runs at now.
There is a push, mostly from the loonytarian right and far left, to do
away with tariffs altogether and let the market work. If that is what
comes out of all of this, it is probably a good thing.

On Thu, 5 Jul 2018 12:46:54 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 7/5/18 12:43 PM, Tim wrote:
Keyser Soze
Ms. Duckworth is terrific. And I don't laugh about Illinois, just the
flyover areas of the state that remind me of the same sorts of areas in
Indiana, Ohio, Iowa, and Nebraska. Been to all of them. I do like Chicago.

You never said flyover “areas” it was always fly over “state” and even flyover “Illinois”. Of course you like Chicago. As long as like Rahm, you can turn a blind eye to the the ghetto.

I don't like or dislike Rahm. I do like Chicago, and I have for nearly
50 years, as long as I have been visiting there.

I am surprised. Chicago is one of the most segregated cities in the US
but I bet you didn't notice that from your North Shore hotel. Hop on
the Lake Street El and look out the window. Just be sure you don't get
off at the wrong stop. We would miss your comedy.

On Thu, 5 Jul 2018 13:03:51 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 7/5/2018 12:58 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 5 Jul 2018 12:38:45 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 7/5/18 12:27 PM, Tim wrote:

On Thu, 5 Jul 2018 10:53:52 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

Who knows, you might get 60 cents a pound for that aluminum pontoon of
yours, when your Flyoverville economy tanks.

Tim has a skill set that is more valuable is a bad economy than a good
one. People who can fix things will always be in demand when people
can't just buy a new one.

———- thanks for the compliment Greg. I try.

Harry my blue flyover state is already tanked. Midnight blue.

Odd you laugh about iillinois but you sure had your eye on Tammy Duckworth in the elections. Pull out Illinois and all you’ll have a deeper sinkhole.

Ms. Duckworth is terrific. And I don't laugh about Illinois, just the
flyover areas of the state that remind me of the same sorts of areas in
Indiana, Ohio, Iowa, and Nebraska. Been to all of them. I do like Chicago.

It figures that an urban dweller like you would blow off the beautiful
parts of a state to embrace the crime ridden, bankrupt, murder capital
of the midwest.

When we lived in Illinois we visited Chicago on weekends
going to museums and even a "speakeasy" place that was fun to visit.
This is back in the early 70's. Probably won't be visiting again soon.

I lived there for 2 summers and a winter (2-3 months at a time). As
long as you understand where you are and where not to go, a young
person can have a real good time there. It is certainly more fun if
you drink tho. ;-)

On 7/5/18 12:43 PM, Tim wrote:
Keyser Soze
Ms. Duckworth is terrific. And I don't laugh about Illinois, just the
flyover areas of the state that remind me of the same sorts of areas in
Indiana, Ohio, Iowa, and Nebraska. Been to all of them. I do like Chicago.

You never said flyover “areas” it was always fly over “state” and even
flyover “Illinois”. Of course you like Chicago. As long as like Rahm,
you can turn a blind eye to the the ghetto.

I don't like or dislike Rahm. I do like Chicago, and I have for nearly
50 years, as long as I have been visiting there.

I am surprised. Chicago is one of the most segregated cities in the US
but I bet you didn't notice that from your North Shore hotel. Hop on
the Lake Street El and look out the window. Just be sure you don't get
off at the wrong stop. We would miss your comedy.

You keep forgetting i work with organizations that finance and build low
cost housing and have done so for decades

--
Posted with my iPhone 8+.

On 7/5/18 12:27 PM, Tim wrote:

[...]

Your problem is you don't get out of the city and don't have a clue
what you would do in a small town out in the country.
You really remind me of people I know from New York City who can't
imagine why anyone would want to go anywhere you couldn't get to on
"the train".

On 7/5/18 12:27 PM, Tim wrote:

[...]

Your problem is that you keep projecting your ignorance into areas in
which you have almost no knowledge. I spent seven years living in and
exploring Kansas and Missouri, with many long side trips into the small
cities and towns of Oklahoma and Nebraska, and shorter trips into Iowa
and South Dakota. I was the AP Bureau Chief, stationed in West Virginia,
with coverage responsibilities for parts of Ohio and Kentucky. I lived
in Michigan for three years and extensively explored the state,
including the UP. Lived in upstate New York and spent lots of time in
dippy little towns there. Lived in Florida for some years, explored a
lot of it. Been to Colorado, Montana, Washington State, California,
cities and towns.

I know enough about "small towns out the country" to conclude I wouldn't
want to live in one. Yeah, I prefer living near a major city, with
first-rate museums, restaurants, doctors, theaters, shopping, schools,
et cetera.

On 7/5/18 3:23 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 5 Jul 2018 13:03:51 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 7/5/18 12:27 PM, Tim wrote:

[...]

I'll bet I go into neighborhoods in Chicago, Boston, Baltimore, and DC
that would make a white bread boy like you pee his pants.

In article ,
says...

On 7/5/2018 11:38 AM, Tim wrote:
Keyser Soze
I know how disappointed you'll not be if that piece of **** Trump wins,
but...

Offhand, I see a number of possibilities that will interfere with his
re-election, assuming he hasn't quit or been impeached or imprisoned, or
fallen over dead from a stroke. Any of these possibilities would put a
smile on my face and on the faces of a majority of 'Merikkkans.

Elizabeth Warren
Joe Biden
Kamala Harris
Cory Booker
Kirsten Gillibrand
Deval Patrick
Sherrod Brown
Mitch Landrieu
Steve Bullock

Nobody there looks inviting. None of them. And 80 yr old Bernie doesn?t have a chance either. You look be Trump. You even told people to vote for him.

If the Dems nominate Warren for the 2020 presidential election it will
be a very short election night. Trump would win about a half hour
after the polls close. Warren's popularity only exists among her pals
in Washington and a few ultra liberals in Boston. Overall, nobody here
in Massachusetts has any trust in her.

Cory Booker? He and Deval Patrick are like John Kerry. Been running
for POTUS since they were 17 years old. Patrick isn't really very
popular in MA other than in the highly populated liberal areas in Boston
and the North Shore.

Don't know much about the rest other than Biden but he's too old. Have
seen Harris a few times. Seems smart but again, has swallowed too much
of the DNC Kool-Aide.

Isn't Kirsten Gillibrand one of the nutcases who has joined the
"abolish ICE" crusade? Yup. That will really reign in the votes
among level headed voters.

My preference would be Sherrod Brown or Mitch Landrieu.
But any one of them would do to get that disgrace of a
President out of the White House.
Going after ICE is a big mistake. They're just "following
orders." But that mistake can be easily rectified in the
next couple years. Your opinion as a Trump supporter is
basically meaningless, as is mine as a patriotic Trump hater.
As far as Warren goes, she should buy a DNA test from
Ancestry.com and make the results public. That gets that out
of the way. I am only slightly disappointed that I "myth-
busted" my family myth. She should find out the truth.
Of course I don't know what other skeletons are in the
candidates' closet, but they should all be thoroughly vetted.
In the end, it's all about getting rid of the stain on our
glorious Republic. Out damned spot!

imagine you're on a sinking ship.... [email protected] General 47 September 5th 11 05:56 PM
More depart sinking ship jps General 3 December 3rd 09 08:05 PM
The sinking ship A Boater[_3_] General 17 September 22nd 08 08:53 PM
The Sinking Ship HK General 2 July 30th 08 12:18 PM
A Fat Ship Sinking? Joe ASA 0 April 4th 06 04:32 PM