Default Good luck ...

Just saw my son and his family off to return to SC. Limo picked them up
at 6am for a 9:45 flight out of Boston.

His family consists of him, his wife, an 18 year old daughter in
college, a 16 year old daughter who will soon be ready for college and
twins, a boy and a girl aged 6. I've been teasing my son that when
the twins graduate from high school he'll be a year shy of 60. College
for four kids and weddings for three daughters. All he says is, "Yup,
I am screwed".

Flying out of Boston the day before the forth of July is going to be
an experience, I am sure.

I was laughing as they were loading up the limo with luggage.
My son had one small overnight bag. The two older girls and his
wife had enough luggage to last several months plus another rolling
suitcase for the twin's "stuff". The limo driver said he may have
to send for another car.

Good luck to them. Glad I don't do that stuff anymore.

On 7/3/18 6:41 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Just saw my son and his family off to return to SC.Â* Limo picked them up
at 6am for a 9:45 flight out of Boston.

His family consists of him, his wife, an 18 year old daughter in
college, a 16 year old daughter who will soon be ready for college and
twins, a boy and a girl aged 6.Â* I've been teasing my son that when
the twins graduate from high school he'll be a year shy of 60.Â* College
for four kids and weddings for three daughters.Â* All he says is, "Yup,
I am screwed".

Flying out of Boston the day before the forth of July is going to be
an experience, I am sure.

I was laughing as they were loading up the limo with luggage.
My son had one small overnight bag.Â* The two older girls and his
wife had enough luggage to last several months plus another rolling
suitcase for the twin's "stuff".Â*Â* The limo driver said he may have
to send for another car.

Good luck to them.Â* Glad I don't do that stuff anymore.

I'll bet their Italian "nonna" was in heaven with four grandkids on site
to spoil...

On 7/3/2018 8:34 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
[...]

to spoil...Â*Â*

You don't know half of it. She was beside herself this morning.
She still has another grandkid ... my other son's daughter who is
visiting from Florida until this coming Sunday.

Two others but they are pretty much out of the picture now.
One is currently on a three month patrol on a USCG Cutter.
They should be transiting the Panama Canal right about now.

The 7th grandkid is also all grown up and is about to leave for
US Army bootcamp. Good luck to him.

On 7/3/18 8:48 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 7/3/2018 8:34 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 7/3/18 6:41 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Just saw my son and his family off to return to SC.Â* Limo picked them
up at 6am for a 9:45 flight out of Boston.

His family consists of him, his wife, an 18 year old daughter in
college, a 16 year old daughter who will soon be ready for college
and twins, a boy and a girl aged 6.Â* I've been teasing my son that when
the twins graduate from high school he'll be a year shy of 60.Â* College
for four kids and weddings for three daughters.Â* All he says is, "Yup,
I am screwed".

Flying out of Boston the day before the forth of July is going to be
an experience, I am sure.

I was laughing as they were loading up the limo with luggage.
My son had one small overnight bag.Â* The two older girls and his
wife had enough luggage to last several months plus another rolling
suitcase for the twin's "stuff".Â*Â* The limo driver said he may have
to send for another car.

Good luck to them.Â* Glad I don't do that stuff anymore.

I'll bet their Italian "nonna" was in heaven with four grandkids on
site to spoil...Â*Â*

You don't know half of it.Â* She was beside herself this morning.
She still has another grandkid ... my other son's daughter who is
visiting from Florida until this coming Sunday.

Two others but they are pretty much out of the picture now.
One is currently on a three month patrol on a USCG Cutter.
They should be transiting the Panama Canal right about now.

The 7th grandkid is also all grown up and is about to leave for
US Army bootcamp.Â* Good luck to him.

I have a friend in New Haven with seven grandkids, the oldest if I
recall, is 16 or 17. Grandpa and grandma set up some sort of educational
trust fund for them so each will have enough to cover the costs of a
decent four year college. That's a lotta $$$!

They're pretty bright kids, so hopefully a few of them, at least, will
qualify for academic scholarships. One of them might play basketball on
a sports scholarship if she's lucky at UConn, where the costs are *only*
about $30,000-$35,000 a year.

Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
[...]

Don't you feel guilty that you didn't even pay child support?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Justine giggles.....

Keyser Soze Wrote in message:Â*

"Don't you feel guilty that you didn't even pay child support?"
--Â*

Y'all never miss a chance to wreck a pleasant thread, do you?

Mr. Luddite wrote:

[...]

My youngest was here with 3 of my 4 granddaughters. 1,8,10 years old.
They were on their way north on vacation so one night here, and got to wish
grandma happy birthday on Sunday. They don’t pack as much stuff, but a
lot. Funniest packing story was we were at Checkin in Munich after a
month in Europe. 2 carry on, 2 large bags. Talking to the couple next
to us in line and they had a trolley with 7 huge bags. Asked how long
they had been here. A week at the Holiday Inn.

On Tue, 3 Jul 2018 15:23:07 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:

[...]

This is our typical load for 2-3 weeks of vacation
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/packed%20up.jpg

Based on the BZN tag on my cooler I say this was the Montana trip.

wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:

[...]

That's about what just the 16 year old granddaughter had for a week's
visit up here.

Wow...that would cost a small fortune in baggage fees, coming and going, up here.
Wife is heading off to Toronto for 5 days in the middle of the month and she's trying to pack everything into a carry on bag plus a large over the shoulder bag. We'll see how that works out.

Congrats, good luck, and welcome to the real world HK General 8 June 18th 09 09:02 PM
When Will Our Luck Ever End??? Capt. Rob ASA 7 November 11th 05 04:53 PM
Good Luck to Folks on the Gulf Coast *JimH* General 0 June 11th 05 12:59 AM
Good Luck Joe ASA 8 November 5th 04 03:48 AM
Isabel'ers: Good luck & best wishes. noah General 2 September 18th 03 07:33 AM