Default What will it mean?

They say the first combined cabelas/bass Pro Shop will be opening here soon. Will we get the best of both worlds or a watered down version of both. Only time will tell.

https://www.retail-insider.com/retai...ief-may-4-2018

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 11:56:39 -0700 (PDT), True North
wrote:

They say the first combined cabelas/bass Pro Shop will be opening here soon. Will we get the best of both worlds or a watered down version of both. Only time will tell.

https://www.retail-insider.com/retai...ief-may-4-2018

Since they were both competing in the same market, I doubt there will
be much difference at all except perhaps higher prices as time goes on
because there is nobody competing with them. We have a Bass Pro here
and it is an interesting store to walk around in but if it isn't a
loss leader on sale, it is generally more expensive than you can find
elsewhere.
They do have a lot of stuff and if you are going on an outdoor
adventure you can usually find everything you need.
If they have a restaurant they are usually good, at least the one here
is. That is were we used to have our electrical contractor association
meetings until everyone got so busy, they didn't have time for lunch.

wrote:

[...]

Bass Pro is a great place to shop, look around, watch the fish, look at
the boats, look at the outdoor gear, look at the fishing gear, look at
the firearms, et cetera. Store also has a good return policy. Cabela's
often offers discounts on its gift cards, as much as 20% sometimes.

wrote:

[...]

Bass pro bought Cabelas. Same company now. We used to be able to order
from cabelas without sales tax as they had no California presence. Now we
have a sales tax on the order. I find that lots of the stuff is store
brand, not that cheap. Stores are great fun to go to. Depending on the
store, different displays. Stuffed big game, look at the ceiling and you
will schools of fish hanging down. Plus huge aquarium(s).

Bill wrote:
wrote:

[...]

He doesn't read outdoors or boating related content on the internet.