Default Out with the old ....

.... finally decided to unhook and retire my 70's vintage (design)
audio equipment and replaced it all with a simple to use, "smart"
Samsung surround system. Only thing I didn't use was it's
passive subwoofer. Instead, I made a voltage divider network
and am using my existing powered subwoofer.

Got a Blu-Ray video version of the Eagles Final Tour (Melbourne)
and was very surprised at how good it sounded. Technology has
come a long way since the days of huge speakers.

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

... finally decided to unhook and retire my 70's vintage (design)
audio equipment and replaced it all with a simple to use, "smart"
Samsung surround system. Only thing I didn't use was it's
passive subwoofer. Instead, I made a voltage divider network
and am using my existing powered subwoofer.

Got a Blu-Ray video version of the Eagles Final Tour (Melbourne)
and was very surprised at how good it sounded. Technology has
come a long way since the days of huge speakers.

I didn't realize how much I liked the Eagles till
We stopped at Winslow Arizona and heard all the great songs they did.

On 5/24/18 4:43 PM, justan wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

... finally decided to unhook and retire my 70's vintage (design)
audio equipment and replaced it all with a simple to use, "smart"
Samsung surround system. Only thing I didn't use was it's
passive subwoofer. Instead, I made a voltage divider network
and am using my existing powered subwoofer.

Got a Blu-Ray video version of the Eagles Final Tour (Melbourne)
and was very surprised at how good it sounded. Technology has
come a long way since the days of huge speakers.

I didn't realize how much I liked the Eagles till
We stopped at Winslow Arizona and heard all the great songs they did.

Well, you could have had that job, standing on the corner, and giving
the statue a pee break...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trNW-GAClUM

On 5/24/18 4:43 PM, justan wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

... finally decided to unhook and retire my 70's vintage (design)
audio equipment and replaced it all with a simple to use, "smart"
Samsung surround system. Only thing I didn't use was it's
passive subwoofer. Instead, I made a voltage divider network
and am using my existing powered subwoofer.

Got a Blu-Ray video version of the Eagles Final Tour (Melbourne)
and was very surprised at how good it sounded. Technology has
come a long way since the days of huge speakers.

I didn't realize how much I liked the Eagles till
We stopped at Winslow Arizona and heard all the great songs they did.

Well, you could have had that job, standing on the corner, and giving
the statue a pee break...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trNW-GAClUM

Cute, Fat Harry.

Well, there has to be something worthwhile you could have done with your
lack of education and marketable job skills.

On 5/24/18 4:43 PM, justan wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

You really have to make up your mind.
A short time ago you were bragging about how much money you and your
wife were making with your "marketable job skills". Then this week you
were telling us you were each barely breaking the 6 figure line ... in
one of the most expensive "cost of living" corridors in the world.
Tim Tim is offline

On Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 3:43:16 PM UTC-5, justan wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

... finally decided to unhook and retire my 70's vintage (design)
audio equipment and replaced it all with a simple to use, "smart"
Samsung surround system. Only thing I didn't use was it's
passive subwoofer. Instead, I made a voltage divider network
and am using my existing powered subwoofer.

Got a Blu-Ray video version of the Eagles Final Tour (Melbourne)
and was very surprised at how good it sounded. Technology has
come a long way since the days of huge speakers.

I didn't realize how much I liked the Eagles till
We stopped at Winslow Arizona and heard all the great songs they did.

The guy opening up the song on slide guitar is a close friend of mine, Chuck Kirkpatrick. Reggie Fecteau on Bass, and the long hair'd guy is John Tillerman. This is 'The Long Run" Eagles tribute band. they're extremely good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mzUYPdM4i0

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

... finally decided to unhook and retire my 70's vintage (design)
audio equipment and replaced it all with a simple to use, "smart"
Samsung surround system. Only thing I didn't use was it's
passive subwoofer. Instead, I made a voltage divider network
and am using my existing powered subwoofer.

Got a Blu-Ray video version of the Eagles Final Tour (Melbourne)
and was very surprised at how good it sounded. Technology has
come a long way since the days of huge speakers.

I didn't realize how much I liked the Eagles till
We stopped at Winslow Arizona and heard all the great songs they did.

The guy opening up the song on slide guitar is a close friend of mine, Chuck Kirkpatrick. Reggie Fecteau on Bass, and the long hair'd guy is John Tillerman. This is 'The Long Run" Eagles tribute band. they're extremely good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mzUYPdM4i0

They *are* very good. Usually I am not big on tribute bands but they
do a great job.

An interesting side note (to me anyway):

When I was watching the BluRay video of the Eagles Final Tour it was
really the first time I paid attention to Steuart Smith ... the
guitarist who replaced Don Felder after Felder was fired from the group.

I think Smith is every bit as good a guitarist as Felder is, if not
better. But what really caught my attention was the double neck guitar
he used for "Hotel California". I had a Fender double neck (a 6 string
neck and a 12 string neck) and the one he was playing didn't look right
to me. I looked it up and the one he is playing is an Ernie Ball Music
Man custom built for him and is one of only two in existence. What is
unique about it is that his has the six string neck on top and the 12
string neck on the bottom unlike all other doubles that have them the
other way around, like on the Fender I had.

Little things like that catch my attention for some reason.

Tim Tim is offline

May 24Mr. Luddite
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

Yes, these guys play a lot of cruise ships. Some so huge the theaters can hold 2000 people. They’re always packed.

Concerning my nstriments, Richard. I’ve caught oddities like you’ve mentioned as well, and you can’t really explain it to anyone else. Only another gear head would understand.