Default And another one ...

On Sat, 19 May 2018 10:36:22 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 5/19/18 10:27 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 19 May 2018 08:33:52 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 5/19/2018 8:26 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
Mr. Luddite wrote:

... bites the dust.

Are you referring to the fatal school shooting in Georgia? Isn't it
terrific how willing students, teachers, and school workers are to die so
the NRA and the GOP can protect the rights of shooters?

No Harry. I am not referring to that.

Lighten up a bit, will you? It's not so bad.

I was confused too. I did see the media immediately jumping back on
the ban the "AR 15 and semi auto handgun" bandwagon until it was
pointed out this kid used a shotgun and a revolver. (plus some bombs
if the reports are right)

What were you referring to?

I heard some calls for prosecuting the shooter's dad for leaving the
firearms easily accessible. There's some justice to be found there. If
you have firearms and kids in the house, the firearms should be kept
locked or out of easy reach of the kids. I don't have kids around the
house, but I keep my firearms except for one locked away, and the one
that isn't is not in plain sight.

I don't have any that are not locked up in some way and nothing is in
sight that would even hint I have a gun.
That still would not keep a 17 year old who knew about them from
finding one if they really wanted to. Locks, particularly that stupid
trigger lock, is just a puzzle for a kid.
I have a pretty substantial looking trigger lock that came with that
Saturday night special I bought (Jennings 9). With nothing but a paper
clip and a little screwdriver I had it open in a few minutes, less
than 10 seconds once I knew the trick. That was without leaving a
mark. If I was willing to trash the lock, there are at least a dozen
tools in the garage that would get it off, one way or another.

wrote:
On Sat, 19 May 2018 10:36:22 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

IIRC, those Jennings 9mm guns have blown up in people's hands.

Mr. Luddite wrote:

[...]

The kid was 17. Maybe he hunted with dad. This was not a 5 year old.
Was the kid diagnosed as a mental case? If so, did the psychology
professional contact the police about murderous rages? If not, prosecute
the “mental health professional”.

Bill wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

Psychology is a pseudoscience.