Default Well, well ...

On 5/17/18 12:09 PM, Bill wrote:
Wayne.B wrote:
On Wed, 16 May 2018 19:48:02 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 5/16/18 6:08 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Special counsel Robert Mueller's team has informed President Donald
Trump's attorneys that they have concluded they cannot indict a sitting
president, according to Rudy Giuliani, the President's lawyer.

Source: CNN

Th-th-th-that's all folks!

That's been a question since the beginning. If that is the case, Mueller
can still issue an evidence-full report that cuts Trump off at the
knees. He can also subpoena Trump. And if it is all bad enough, even the
GOP House might impeach him.

The odds are stacking up against Trump completing a term.

===

Do you think you'd like a President Pence any better?

He thinks they can trash Pence and any follow ones until they get Pelosi.
Now that is scary. Armageddon scary.

Pence should be trashed...he is a horrible, hate-filled person. Pence is
an overzealous charlatan, a nutcase who uses his religion's arbitrary
collection of mistranslated books and letters from 2,000 years ago and
since to make gays, women, and non-believers miserable. If Pence
inherits the job of POTUS because Trump quits, he'll likely serve out
the remainder of that first Trump term, but he'll be tied in knots
legislatively.

One of the things I seriously consider when I vote for POTUS is the
quality of the running mate. I didn't like Reagan and wouldn't have
voted for him under any circumstances, but I thought his VEEP selection
was a more than acceptable backup. I thought and think McCain is a
decent guy though I have objections to a lot of his stands, but his
choice of Palin was too much for me to stomach. I didn't have much use
for Romney's choice, Ryan, but I didn't consider him unsuitable for
higher office. Gerry Ford was more than acceptable as the second Nixon VEEP.

I've been following presidential politics since the second term of
Eisenhower. There hasn't been one serious candidate in the races since
then who was more a sewer dweller than Trump.

Oh, this morning Michael Avenatti said he was close to completing his
vetting of at least two more women who were paid $$$ by Trump to keep
their mouths shut about the sex they had with him. More and more, it
looks as if Avenatti or Melania will do in Trump.

On Thu, 17 May 2018 07:34:42 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

On 5/16/18 6:08 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Special counsel Robert Mueller's team has informed President Donald
Trump's attorneys that they have concluded they cannot indict a sitting
president, according to Rudy Giuliani, the President's lawyer.

Source: CNN

Th-th-th-that's all folks!

That's been a question since the beginning. If that is the case, Mueller
can still issue an evidence-full report that cuts Trump off at the
knees. He can also subpoena Trump. And if it is all bad enough, even the
GOP House might impeach him.

The odds are stacking up against Trump completing a term.

I don't think that is what is going on. I bet Mueller is coming up dry
on the russian collusion investigation as it pertains to Trump so he
issued this sour grapes statement and he is going to justify his
existence by going after unrelated financial crimes against some Trump
associates and direct charges against Russians he can never arrest.
When you read the Facebook report it really looks like they were just
spreading general discord, not necessarily trying to get Trump
elected. To that end they succeeded behind their wildest dreams,
simply because we have this witch hunt going on and by how much
negative opinion there is against a sitting US president. In the mean
time Putin is wildly popular in his country, even when polled by
people from the outside. Every time he sees Bill Maher, Rachel or
anyone on CNN, he has to chuckle.

I suspect that Mueller's final report will identify several things
that accuse Trump of being guilty of but he will not indict him for
any of them leaving it up to Congress to pursue impeachment and
then indictment if they so desire.Â* Won't happen.

It will end up being much the same outcome as when Hillary was given a
get out of jail free card for her numerous actions, leaving both the
left and the right frustrated and disgusted with the federal justice
system.

Impeachment *is* indictment. If Mueller does go the "report" route, it
hopefully will be revealing and devastating enough to finish Trump
politically, even if Trump is not impeached by his buddies in the GOP
house. If the Republicans lose the house this fall, impeachment will be
on the table and there will be reopened investigations that will be for
real, instead of the sham investigations the GOP-run committees ran.

You keep assuming they actually identify a crime and a "high" crime at
that. So far they have some tax scams, unrelated to Trump and a bunch
of Facebook trolls.

wrote:

On 5/16/18 6:08 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Special counsel Robert Mueller's team has informed President Donald
Trump's attorneys that they have concluded they cannot indict a
sitting
president, according to Rudy Giuliani, the President's lawyer.

Source: CNN

Th-th-th-that's all folks!

That's been a question since the beginning. If that is the case,
Mueller
can still issue an evidence-full report that cuts Trump off at the
knees. He can also subpoena Trump. And if it is all bad enough, even
the
GOP House might impeach him.

The odds are stacking up against Trump completing a term.

===

Do you think you'd like a President Pence any better?

He thinks they can trash Pence and any follow ones until they get Pelosi.
Now that is scary.Â* Armageddon scary.

[...]

looks as if Avenatti or Melania will do in Trump.Â*

How's that? The weirdo Avenatti isn't going to "get" him. Nothing
illegal about paying blackmail payments. Have you heard that he has
set some sort of record for appearances on CNN? Averages over 2 per
day for the past month or so.

He's a glory hound with financial problems.

Melania? None of our business but she and the Donald have been together
since 1998 and married to him since 2005. She doesn't strike me as
being a dummy by any means and I doubt she's about to toss a 20 year
relationship out the window. She seems to be very dedicated to their kid.

wrote:

[...]

They would also have to prove that whatever "crime" was committed was
done so with full knowledge and intent. Hard to prove as we learned
with Hillary. Remember "You mean just wipe it with a rag?"

Geeze.

On Thu, 17 May 2018 13:39:50 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

More and more, it
looks as if Avenatti or Melania will do in Trump.

I am not sure why Melania married Trump but I imagine the motivation
is still there. The list of first ladies who looked the other way when
their hubby ****ed around is long and fairly inclusive. I doubt
Melania is going anywhere, at least while Trump is in the White House.

I am also not quite sure how Avenatti has anything that rises to the
level of a high crime. Paying a blackmailer over a consensual affair
isn't even close.

wrote:

[...]

The founders did not define "high crimes and misdeanors." Therefore, it
is up to the House to define whether they have occurred.

So far, you don't know what Mueller has.

wrote:

[...]

How's that?Â* The weirdo Avenatti isn't going to "get" him.Â* Nothing
illegal about paying blackmail payments.Â* Have you heard that he has
set some sort of record for appearances on CNN?Â* AveragesÂ* over 2 per
day for the past month or so.

He's a glory hound with financial problems.

Melania?Â* None of our business but she and the Donald have been together
since 1998 and married to him since 2005.Â* She doesn't strike me as
being a dummy by any means and I doubt she's about to toss a 20 year
relationship out the window.Â* She seems to be very dedicated to their kid.

I wonder if Melania was forced to sign a non-disclosure agreement...

Avanetti is a successful lawyer with a number of huge settlements to his
name. What are his financial problems?

wrote:

[...]

Misdemeanors...sheesh. 🤣

--
Posted with my iPhone 8+.

wrote:

[...]

He also has lawsuits against him for stiffing partners, companies
he bought and other legal problems including bankruptcy.

Google 'em up if you are really interested.

wrote:

[...]

Oh...so you are saying he is following in Trump’s footsteps...

--
Posted with my iPhone 8+.