Default Chuck Roast

On Wed, 9 May 2018 10:56:54 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

John H
On Tue, 8 May 2018 21:11:54 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 10:19:46 PM UTC-5, Its Me wrote:
On Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 9:16:18 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tue, 08 May 2018 17:01:57 -0400, John H.
wrote:

Tim's recipe was super. The roast came out about like any crock potted chuck roast, but the gravy
made with the drippings was spectacular. Made a roux using some flour and fat from the pot, then
poured in the rest of the liquid. Great on mashed potatoes - fixed separately from the roast.

Thanks, Tim!!

I thought the corn starch was supposed to thicken the stuff in the
pot.

I think it was his french onion soup chuck roast recipe from last month.

yessir it was. I'm making it Thursday for a group of company.

Get a big chuck roast - 5lbs or more.

Around here it’s hard to find one over 3-1/2#

I suppose I could get 2- 2.5 roasts and work with that.

Ask the meat guy, or buy two small ones.
Tim Tim is offline

1:17 PMJohn H
Ask the meat guy, or buy two small ones.

That’s what I mean. The local will cut you what you want but you have to call ahead. Walmart, you get what you get.

Two roasts less than 3 lb each ought to do the job.

On Wed, 9 May 2018 11:23:58 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

1:17 PMJohn H
Ask the meat guy, or buy two small ones.

That’s what I mean. The local will cut you what you want but you have to call ahead. Walmart, you get what you get.

Two roasts less than 3 lb each ought to do the job.

That's what I'd do too!

wrote:

Tim's recipe was super. The roast came out about like any crock potted chuck roast, but the gravy
made with the drippings was spectacular. Made a roux using some flour and fat from the pot, then
poured in the rest of the liquid. Great on mashed potatoes - fixed separately from the roast.

Thanks, Tim!!

I thought the corn starch was supposed to thicken the stuff in the
pot.

I think it was his french onion soup chuck roast recipe from last month.

yessir it was. I'm making it Thursday for a group of company.

Get a big chuck roast - 5lbs or more.

Around here it’s hard to find one over 3-1/2#

I suppose I could get 2- 2.5 roasts and work with that.

Usually if you ring the bell and ask the meat man they will cut any
size roast you want. That just won't fly out of the case so they don't
package them up that big.
Tim Tim is offline

John you were right. It made a whole lot of gravy. I think you’re correct when you say double the roast with the same ingredients. And I also need to double up on the mashed potatoes.

Man that was good!

On Thu, 10 May 2018 18:28:15 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

John you were right. It made a whole lot of gravy. I think you’re correct when you say double the roast with the same ingredients. And I also need to double up on the mashed potatoes.

Man that was good!

The gravy keeps. Goes well with rice also.
Tim Tim is offline

5:11 AMJohn H
On Thu, 10 May 2018 18:28:15 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

John you were right. It made a whole lot of gravy. I think you’re correct when you say double the roast with the same ingredients. And I also need to double up on the mashed potatoes.

Man that was good!

The gravy keeps. Goes well with rice also.

I’ll find. Use for it. It won’t get thrown out. 😋

On 5/10/18 9:28 PM, Tim wrote:
John you were right. It made a whole lot of gravy. I think you’re correct when you say double the roast with the same ingredients. And I also need to double up on the mashed potatoes.

Man that was good!

Because there aren't more than 5000 similar or identical recipes for
this on You Tube, eh?
Tim Tim is offline

7:44 AMKeyser Soze
On 5/10/18 9:28 PM, Tim wrote:
John you were right. It made a whole lot of gravy. I think you’re correct when you say double the roast with the same ingredients. And I also need to double up on the mashed potatoes.

Man that was good!

Because there aren't more than 5000 similar or identical recipes for
this on You Tube, eh?

What? Speak coherently, Harry...

On Fri, 11 May 2018 06:57:15 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

7:44 AMKeyser Soze
On 5/10/18 9:28 PM, Tim wrote:
John you were right. It made a whole lot of gravy. I think you’re correct when you say double the roast with the same ingredients. And I also need to double up on the mashed potatoes.

Man that was good!

Because there aren't more than 5000 similar or identical recipes for
this on You Tube, eh?

What? Speak coherently, Harry...

That is just the babble that comes out of someone on a meat restricted
diet. The constant consumption of Tofurgers and Notdogs makes you a
little incoherent sometimes ;-)

Roast Chicken John H[_2_] General 23 August 8th 10 02:13 AM
Yo Chuck! Chuck Gould General 4 June 30th 07 04:34 AM
Hey Chuck... Chuck Gould General 27 November 29th 06 04:27 AM
Hey Chuck... JimH General 13 November 28th 06 07:43 PM
Ganz will roast! Amen! Bob Crantz ASA 15 February 16th 05 01:29 AM