Default College in Norway (for Harry)

I was just reading some interesting data on Norway's "free" (government
paid) college availability.

Turns out that although "free", only 14 percent of Norwegians who have
parents who did not attend college ... go to college. 58 percent born
to college educated parents go.

What's interesting is that these numbers are almost *exactly* the same
for Americans in a non-free college system which suggests it isn't money
that inhibits people from attending college ... rather it is due to
social influences.

Here's where the systems are very different. In Norway " ...primary and
secondary schools are funded nationally, not locally .... so there’s
ostensibly no difference in education quality between higher- and
lower-income towns and cities, as there might be between wealthy
suburban and poor urban districts in the United States."

And:

" ... the Norwegian funding system is very easy to understand, while the
American system of grants and loans is complex and often confusing, even
to families with college-going experience."

"But the principle of social equality in Norway also means that there
are no programs providing academic support to first-generation or
low-income students in college, although there are a few for immigrants
and women in fields in which they are underrepresented."

http://hechingerreport.org/in-norway-where-college-is-free-children-of-uneducated-parents-still-dont-go/

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

HEADLINES! Fat Harry only reads headlines. He doesn't care to know
the details.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 11:33:52 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

Harry is quite possibly the least intellectually curious person here.
He went to college in the 60s and figures that is all he will ever
need to learn. He has the diploma to prove it.

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

Too funny...you discussing intellectuality with Justan.

Actually, in real life, I am very curious, but rec.boats is a right-wing
pig pen, so, why bother? Hell, there are posters in here who do not
think Trump is morally repugnant, lazy, and an intellectual cipher.
What's the point of a serious argument?

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

Yes you are, harry. You are indeed.

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

Must be something here that's kept you stimulated for the last 25
years.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 13:33:40 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

Actually, in real life, I am very curious, but rec.boats is a right-wing
pig pen, so, why bother? Hell, there are posters in here who do not
think Trump is morally repugnant, lazy, and an intellectual cipher.
What's the point of a serious argument?

===

What's the point?

You could lead by example.

---
http://www.avg.com

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

You curiosity appears to be reading the first paragraph of the top hit
on Google.
If not you would not be blind sided so may times by something halfway
through an article you cite.
Tim Tim is offline

2:41 PMKeyser Soze
On 4/16/18 3:36 PM, Tim wrote:

2:23 PMKeyser Soze
I gave up on you when you keep insisting the "real story" about what was
really happening with legislation was "printed" in the documents you
like to cite.

And Harry, many here gave up on you for that exact same reason

Oh? You know something about legislation? You sure keep it a secret.

Where did I mention anything about legislation? I know you like to add a comment even though it’s meaningless...