Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default just got back from Honda dealership...

They say my EU2000i generator was flooded. They drained the carb and supposidly all is well. I'll try it tomorrow when these heavy winds die down.
BTW..didn't realize that the unit pumps more gas in each time you pull the starter cord... no wonder it got flooded. The question is...why did it die after running for 2 or three minutes. Maybe I eased the choke back a bit and turned on the 'Econo' mode before it was fully warmed up.
Mechanic sys to run it each week and counter guy now says to swap out gas for fresh hi test on a monthly basis. D'oh..if I had realized how much trouble these things are for extremely low usage, I might have invested in a few big batteries and a good inverter.