Default #62

I just ordered a Springfield M1A Loaded:

http://www.springfield-armory.com/pr...loaded/#MA9222

I was originally looking at the MA9822 (with the stainless barrel) but a
friend convinced me to get the MA9222 for it's more authentic look and
I'm glad I took his advice. This one will be a shooter. I already
ordered the scope mount and 500 rounds of match ammo for the 500 and
1000 yard ranges. I realize the 1000 yards will be a stretch for this
rifle but I have my .338 Lapua Magnum and 6.5 Creedmoor as backups for
the long shots.

Next will be the scope. I have a Nightforce NSX 5.5-55X56 on my 6.5
Creedmoor rifle but I'm leaning toward the Nightforce SHV 4-14X50F1 for
this one. I'll check the fit and the eye relief with the larger scope
when it arrives next week. There are so many variables including the
scope rings.

I couldn't find the M1A on the proposed "assault rifle" ban list which
is odd because this fires a bigger round than the AR-15 or AK-47 and is
also semi-auto. They are also throwing in three 20 -round mags for
free. I guess it's just doesn't look scary enough to make the libs ****
their pants.

On Fri, 2 Mar 2018 21:06:10 -0500, Alex wrote:

[...]

What kind of scope mount are you looking at?
I have one of those GI mounts and I certainly would not want to trust
it long after I zeroed it. It is certainly not repeatable if that big
screw comes loose.

wrote:
[...]

This was the best I found. It has two big screws. If you know of one
better, let me know!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

[...]

Wood wins over plastic again!

That's a beautiful gun, although I may be a bit biased. I wouldn't put a scope on it. But then
again, I don't have any place around here where I could put it to use anyway.

On Fri, 2 Mar 2018 22:00:29 -0500, Alex wrote:

wrote:
[...]

That one gets some good reviews:
https://thegunzone.com/best-m1a-scope-mount/

http://www.reloaderaddict.com/best-m...w-springfield/

https://theoutdoorland.com/best-m1a-scope-mount/

....and so on. Seems like you've picked the right one.

wrote:
[...]

I will check that out.

John H. wrote:
[...]

It's easily removed with two screws. You can also co-witness with the
iron sights.

wrote:
[...]

We'll see. This mount is similar to the one I have on my Saiga AK47 in
that it's attached to one side of the receiver. I'm picking the rifle
up Monday and I'm anxious to see how solid this mount is compared to and
AR platform with scope rings mounted to a fixed rail.

wrote:
[...]

If you want to "try before you buy" I'll mail it to you for a test run.

wrote:
[...]

Thanks but I can just go get one from Amazon. Just the fact that it
seems to be from SA makes me feel better about it.
This thing I have never did seem to fit that well. There are notches
and bumps but you seem to be able to get a lot of movement before it
really seats and I still have to tweak it after putting it on, even at
100 yds. I shoot thing so seldom that it is net really that important
to me anyway. I got it in DC where "high power" was a thing. Not so
much down here.