Default ol' Sam Adams

With me years ago on the Navigator:

https://tinyurl.com/y9t4frap
Tim Tim is offline

Mr. Luddite

With me years ago on the Navigator:

https://tinyurl.com/y9t4frap

Sam’s not around anymore is he? Or am I thinking of butterscotch?

On 2/27/2018 4:23 PM, Tim wrote:
Mr. Luddite

With me years ago on the Navigator:

https://tinyurl.com/y9t4frap

Sam’s not around anymore is he? Or am I thinking of butterscotch?

Sam's gone. He had a good life but developed some major problems at 12
years old and was suffering. Fudge is no longer with us either. That
was a heartbreaker. He was a great dog but had been beaten and abused
as a puppy by an asshole Marine down in Norfolk. My wife "rescued" him
when he was about 1 year old. He was fine with us and people he got to
know but became very aggressive to anyone else. He was also a very
strong and powerful dog.

It was fine were we lived before because we had a large, totally fenced
area for him. But when we moved he would have become a major risk for
others who live near us. We talked to our vet about it and to a animal
rescue league and they both told us that given his background he'd not
be adoptable and the best, humane thing to do was to put him down.
Hated that day, but it was for the best. He was also approaching 12
years old.
Tim Tim is offline

Mr. Luddite
[...]

Understood. ‘Fudge’ was a beautiful dog. I’m sure you’d miss them both...

On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 17:44:01 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 2/27/2018 4:23 PM, Tim wrote:
Mr. Luddite

[...]

My English Springer Spaniel, Bronson, will be 12 in June. Hate to see them getting older. He has a condition that flares up every couple of weeks where he gets lethargic, won't eat and eventually diarrhea. After a day it clears up and he's back to his normal. Spent almost 3K at the vets last year...first big attack needed hospital treatment. We did all the tests the vet recommended such as blood, parasites x-rays, ultra sound etc. They can't find the cause. Now he's on daily antibiotics and an expensive probiotic. Vet says he's the only dog in Nova Scotia on YGIA 14. This all adds up to over $200.00 per month in medicine plus the expensive vet gastro food. Anyway, attacks are a little less frequent and not nearly as severe ass before meds. Vet says it's quality of life at this stage. I constantly get admirers stopping to pet him...even today at the off leash park at least a couple remarked how beautiful he is. Good line..his mom was the #3 English Springer Spaniel puppy in Canada 2003 and her, his dad and a sister from his litter all went on to win their 10 points in the dog shows. He demanded that I throw his ball from the Chuck-it today after recovering from an attack on Sunday. Oh yeah...the one thing we didn't do was an internal scope..at his age vet wasn't sure it was a good idea..not to mention the cost. We do have a vet college over in PEI that accepts dogs for treatment. May think about that.

On 2/27/2018 5:13 PM, True North wrote:

On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 17:44:01 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:

On 2/27/2018 4:23 PM, Tim wrote:

Mr. Luddite

[...]

Dogs are cool. Much cooler than most people.

My wife keeps encouraging me to get another puppy to raise but she
already has two Chihuahuas. I keep telling her that as much as I like
dogs I just don't want another one, especially a puppy right now.

Here's why:

https://tinyurl.com/y9rg3r8t

On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 17:36:18 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 2/27/2018 5:13 PM, True North wrote:
On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 17:44:01 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 2/27/2018 4:23 PM, Tim wrote:
Mr. Luddite

[...]

I told my wife I don't want another dog once this one is gone. I love 'em, but when they're hurting
or must be put down, it's too damn heartbreaking.

wrote:

Dogs are cool. Much cooler than most people.

My wife keeps encouraging me to get another puppy to raise but she
already has two Chihuahuas. I keep telling her that as much as I like
dogs I just don't want another one, especially a puppy right now.

Here's why:

https://tinyurl.com/y9rg3r8t

Yeah. This didn't accomplish much either.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/behavior%20spray.jpg

I really wanted an old rescue but my wife had her heart on a puppy,
We have a puppy, in an 85 pound sort of way.
Deuce was chewing on her Uggs slipper about a minute ago and I am
using a mouse missing a battery cover that he ate last night along
with my mouse pad. The only thing he understands in electricity. Since
I wired up the screen cage, he stopped breaking out the screens. I
wire up anything I want him to leave alone for a while. That fuzzy
yellow wire gets his attention. I have 2 FiShoks now.

On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 18:36:24 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 2/27/2018 5:13 PM, True North wrote:
On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 17:44:01 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 2/27/2018 4:23 PM, Tim wrote:
Mr. Luddite

[...]

That would be a good picture to send in to a dog site. Could go viral.