Tim Tim is offline

Default I wish them well, but....

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...after-livewire

Harley-Davidson, like about every other motorcycle maker is In a horrible horrible bind, like, about broke. They’re thinking that a new electric cycle just might be their salvation. I don’t want them to go out but I can’t see this to be the answer to their woes. But, good luck to them just the same...

On 1/30/18 6:09 PM, Tim wrote:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...after-livewire

Harley-Davidson, like about every other motorcycle maker is In a horrible horrible bind, like, about broke. They’re thinking that a new electric cycle just might be their salvation. I don’t want them to go out but I can’t see this to be the answer to their woes. But, good luck to them just the same...

I thought Harley was part of the Trumpbull**** Economic Miracle.

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 15:09:15 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...after-livewire

Harley-Davidson, like about every other motorcycle maker is In a horrible horrible bind, like, about broke. They’re thinking that a new electric cycle just might be their salvation. I don’t want them to go out but I can’t see this to be the answer to their woes. But, good luck to them just the same...

I think the resurgence of the Harley was a baby boomer thing and we
are all getting a little old for a chopper. These days the boomers are
on Slingshots and Spyders. The younger folks either want a rice burner
or they want a car.
Who knows if an electric an electric Harley will inspire them but I
don't think the old oil dripping, loping idle, V twin is going to do
it for them anymore ... Unless they do a movie reboot of Easy Rider
;-)
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...after-livewire

Harley-Davidson, like about every other motorcycle maker is In a horrible horrible bind, like, about broke. They’re thinking that a new electric cycle just might be their salvation. I don’t want them to go out but I can’t see this to be the answer to their woes. But, good luck to them just the same...

I think the resurgence of the Harley was a baby boomer thing and we
are all getting a little old for a chopper. These days the boomers are
on Slingshots and Spyders. The younger folks either want a rice burner
or they want a car.
Who knows if an electric an electric Harley will inspire them but I
don't think the old oil dripping, loping idle, V twin is going to do
it for them anymore ... Unless they do a movie reboot of Easy Rider
;-)

Seems everybody makes a Harley-Davidson “potato-popper” Cline. Thing is. People buy them and rarely ride them. They’re built better than ever and last much longer than the past. It’s nothing to find a late 90’s yamaha Royal Star in mint condition with less than 20,xxx miles in it for less than half of what it originally sold for. Maybe a third the price.

But yes, I think a lot of folks are tired of eating bugs and swapping for climatically controlled air...

On Tuesday, 30 January 2018 19:09:18 UTC-4, Tim wrote:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...after-livewire

Harley-Davidson, like about every other motorcycle maker is In a horrible horrible bind, like, about broke. They’re thinking that a new electric cycle just might be their salvation. I don’t want them to go out but I can’t see this to be the answer to their woes. But, good luck to them just the same...

Way more Harleys around here now than when I was young. Then British bikes ruled until the Japanese invaded.

Tim Tim is offline

8:06 PMTrue North
On Tuesday, 30 January 2018 19:09:18 UTC-4, Tim wrote:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...after-livewire

Harley-Davidson, like about every other motorcycle maker is In a horrible horrible bind, like, about broke. They’re thinking that a new electric cycle just might be their salvation. I don’t want them to go out but I can’t see this to be the answer to their woes. But, good luck to them just the same...

Way more Harleys around here now than when I was young. Then British bikes ruled until the Japanese invaded.

Around here you find Harley-Davidson’s and their competitive wannabes. But the big thing anymore is the side-by-sides which are taking over the 4-wheeler market as well.