BoatBanter.com

-   -   Whew! (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/177907-whew.html)

Mr. Luddite[_4_] January 28th 18 04:56 PM

Whew!

Mrs.E. has been down for the count for the last 2 or 3 days. I was
getting very concerned that she had contacted the horrible flu that
has spread nationwide.

Almost took her to the ER last night but she insisted on just staying in
bed and resting. I am sure I didn't make her feel much better by
wearing a mask over my face whenever I went in to check up on her or
give her some water.

But, this morning she feels much, much better. Over the "sickies"
feeling. Sounds like it was more of a severe cold.

Sorry, but I am still wearing a mask. Went to CVS and bought a big box
of them.

This flu season has been the worst in nearly a decade according to the
NYTimes. Predictions are that it will soon bypass the 2014-2015 flu
season which was also particularly bad in terms of deaths and
hospitalizations.

justan January 28th 18 04:59 PM

Whew!

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

Mrs.E. has been down for the count for the last 2 or 3 days. I was
getting very concerned that she had contacted the horrible flu that
has spread nationwide.

Almost took her to the ER last night but she insisted on just staying in
bed and resting. I am sure I didn't make her feel much better by
wearing a mask over my face whenever I went in to check up on her or
give her some water.

But, this morning she feels much, much better. Over the "sickies"
feeling. Sounds like it was more of a severe cold.

Sorry, but I am still wearing a mask. Went to CVS and bought a big box
of them.

This flu season has been the worst in nearly a decade according to the
NYTimes. Predictions are that it will soon bypass the 2014-2015 flu
season which was also particularly bad in terms of deaths and
hospitalizations.

Glad to hear it. :-)

Mr. Luddite[_4_] January 28th 18 05:04 PM

Whew!

On 1/28/2018 11:59 AM, justan wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

Me too. Was getting close to having to go take care of the horses.

Tim January 28th 18 05:23 PM

Whew!

Mr. Luddite
Me too. Was getting close to having to go take care of the horses.

Oh man. I feel for you!

True North[_2_] January 28th 18 05:33 PM

Whew!

On Sunday, 28 January 2018 12:56:50 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Mrs.E. has been down for the count for the last 2 or 3 days. I was
getting very concerned that she had contacted the horrible flu that
has spread nationwide.

Almost took her to the ER last night but she insisted on just staying in
bed and resting. I am sure I didn't make her feel much better by
wearing a mask over my face whenever I went in to check up on her or
give her some water.

But, this morning she feels much, much better. Over the "sickies"
feeling. Sounds like it was more of a severe cold.

Sorry, but I am still wearing a mask. Went to CVS and bought a big box
of them.

This flu season has been the worst in nearly a decade according to the
NYTimes. Predictions are that it will soon bypass the 2014-2015 flu
season which was also particularly bad in terms of deaths and
hospitalizations.

Do you two get the 'flu shot'?
Free for everyone up here...they even let the pharmacist in your favourite drug store administer it.

[email protected] January 28th 18 05:53 PM

Whew!

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

Are the horses wearing masks? I understand it is bad if Mrs E is sick
but it will really get expensive if the horses come down with
something. ;-)

[email protected] January 28th 18 06:29 PM

Whew!

On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 09:33:52 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

[...]

The problem is the flu shot did not work this year. It is 10-15%
effective.

Bill[_12_] January 28th 18 06:33 PM

Whew!

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

Nice pellet smoker would be handy. :)

Bill[_12_] January 28th 18 06:33 PM

Whew!

True North wrote:
[...]

The flu shot is not really helping. Wrong variety of flu this year.

Mr. Luddite[_4_] January 28th 18 07:00 PM

Whew!

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

[...]

Don't know about horses but I read that dogs can catch this strain of flu.