Default Gun guru question.

I had a Marlin (I think) .22 SA that bounced back and forth between
me and my dad for decades. The trigger crank thread got me thinking
about it. My ex has it now. I am trying to figure out what it really
is. It doesn't look like a M60, 99, 795, 39 or anything else I come up
with on a google. It was a very funky design with a round bolt handle
that could be pushed into holes in the receiver to lock in the open or
closed position but the most troubling thing was the disconnector
mechanism. The trigger held the bolt back when pulled and released it
when you released the trigger through a long toggle that ran most of
the way down the frame. It was pretty disconcerting to shoot.
I played with it and my motorized trigger crank but that clunky action
made the crank idea pretty unusable. It did run great on my woodsman
tho ;-)
You can do strange things when your range is in the basement right
around the corner from the shop.
Some time later I did figure out making a machine gun that fired from
an open bolt would be trivial but I was really not that interested by
then because I had my eyes on the Norrell 10-22 that was legal.
At any rate does anyone have an idea of what I had?
I suppose I could just ask my ex if nobody knows.

On Wed, 24 Jan 2018 19:28:42 -0500, Alex wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Did it have a removable or tube magazine?

Tube. Another reason why auto fire/crank was not attractive. It was
just the only SA I had in a caliber I could afford to shoot a lot,
hence my interest in a 10-22.
In the end it just turned out to be an academic exercise.