Default Life Explained

A boat docked in a tiny Mexican village. An American tourist complimented
the Mexican fisherman on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took
him to catch them.

"Not very long," answered the Mexican.

"But then, why didn't you stay out longer and catch more?" asked the
American.

The Mexican explained that his small catch was sufficient to meet his needs
and those of his family.

The American asked, "But what do you do with the rest of your time?"

"I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, and take a siesta with
my wife. In the evenings, I go into the village to see my friends, have a
few drinks, play the guitar, and sing a few songs. I have a full life."

The American interrupted, "I have an MBA from Harvard and I can help you!
You should start by fishing longer every day. You can then sell the extra
fish you catch. With the extra revenue, you can buy a bigger boat."

"And after that?" asked the Mexican.

"With the extra money the larger boat will bring, you can buy a second one
and a third one and so on until you have an entire fleet of trawlers.
Instead of selling your fish to a middle man, you can then negotiate
directly with the processing plants and maybe even open your own plant. You
can then leave this little village and move to Mexico City, Los Angeles, or
even New York City! From there you can direct your huge new enterprise."

"How long would that take?" asked the Mexican.

"Twenty, perhaps twenty-five years," replied the American.

"And after that?"

"Afterwards? Well my friend, that's when it gets really interesting,"
answered the American, laughing. "When your business gets really big, you
can start buying and selling stocks and make millions!"

"Millions? Really? And after that?" asked the Mexican.

"After that you'll be able to retire, live in a tiny village near the
coast, sleep late, play with your children, catch a few fish, take a siesta
with your wife and spend your evenings drinking and enjoying your friends."

moral of this story is... know where you're going in life... you may
already be there.
--

A friend forwarded this tale to me.

[...]

Yeah, it's been going around for a while.

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 14:14:52 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

[...]

McGrew posted that "tired and wordy" joke here a couple days ago, it
just wasn't a "Mexican".
There you go, a democrat lettin' them ****in' Mexicans take another
job away from an American. ;-)

wrote:

[...]

Sorry, don’t read McGrew

--
Posted with my iPhone 8+.

John H Wrote in message:
[...]

In fact someone just posted it here last week or the week before.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

wrote:

[...]

Not many of us on your reading list, eh Fat Harry?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

wrote:

[...]

Not to worry, ****-for-brains. You are on the event horizon of my filters.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Oh, I forgot...you are a near-illiterate. The reference is to a novel.

Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
wrote:

[...]

So you have decided to fritter away your time with a bunch of
folks with whom you share no common interests or beliefs, and
don't think much of you as a person. Hang around if you want but
no one cares to have you among us.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

wrote:

[...]

I spend very little time in rec.bloats, ****-for-brains. Your mindless,
Totally Devoid of Content posts are certainly no attraction, and neither
are the never-ending junior high school insults of your buddies.

wrote:

[...]

Was a boring novel. Too slow. But very interesting back story. Was
written over a few years as a daily letter to Tolkien’s son. Who was in
the trench’s in WW1.