Default Schumer's Shutdown

On Sat, 20 Jan 2018 13:28:25 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

Harry, I just watched Chuck Schumer lay out all the blame on Trump
again, describing him as "impossible" to negotiate with despite having
had several meetings with him. He indicated that after thinking some
progress was made, an hour or so later Trump would reject everything put
on the table in their discussions.

Over on another news group that has gone astray in this trump mania
they are saying Schumer had 70 votes for a bill that gave Trump his
wall, saved DACA and all sorts of wonderful things. If that is true,
why didn't they call the vote? Was it because it would have never made
it out or reconciliation or was it just because Chucky's feelings were
hurt in a meeting?
If they had a bill, I say pass it and dare Trump to veto. THEN it
would be Trump's shutdown. We are not talking about what he says, we
know that is usually bull****. See what he does when it is on his
desk.
My bet, he signs it and tells us "It was the greatest bill ever" and
what a great negotiator he is. Let him sell it to his faithful, They
will bite if he spins it right and Fox agrees.
If you folks think he is really that deranged and stupid, he should be
easy to "play".

Would Chuck Schumer lie? Tim General 19 June 27th 17 06:10 AM
US Government shutdown Canuck57[_9_] General 16 April 8th 11 01:02 AM
Schumer...our borders are more secure! John H[_2_] General 19 May 31st 09 12:08 PM
FAA shutdown on Oct 1? Bertie the Bunyip ASA 0 September 27th 03 05:41 PM